Pensioner claims her J10 QQ surged causing fatal accident

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

If I'm clocked speeding by a camera, I'll blame a fault with the accelerator then! ;)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

frootie-baby

Post by frootie-baby »

I am having recurrant problems with my accelerator sticking. I have a March 2014 1.2 Dig T Tekna, bought when exactly 3 years old last April. Since then I've had so many problems. Current problem, - which has only started really since November is that about 1 or 2 times a month, when it's cold, the accelerator peddle 'sticks' in it's position my foot had held it in, even when I take my foot off the peddle. This lasts only a second or 2, but seems like a very long time in heavy traffic when you are trying to decelerate, but can't. After these seconds, the peddle 'pops up' and nomal service is resumed.

I've already had it back to Nissan , who say there's nothing on the ECU, and as they can't replicate the fault, they can't do anything :x . I tried again to book it in as I had another dangerous incident of it, but they said unless it does the same again, they can't help. Useless! The car still has until beginning of April for it's 12 month used Nissan warranty. I'm cross, but also so disappointed as in many other ways, the car is fantastic :cry:

Any ideas on what I can do?
1.2 petrol Tekna, Ink blue '14 plate :)
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Take it elsewhere... clearly they are not interested in any hands on work unless the computer tells them there is a fault!

Accelerators should not really need lubricating at service, but if something is wrong then parts could be binding or failing at worse, or sticking due to dirt build up. They will however need to get their spanner set out to take a more in depth look, but they probably don't want to get them dirty!
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

hi yours should be a j11? i have an automatic tecna it has accured may times i went back to nissan and they say if your foot is close to the brake pedal (with an auto transmission and with your foot close to the Accelerator the car accelerates on its own. they changed my Accelerator pedal but now say the car confuses itself if you use bopth feet with an automatic. after a few visits to nissan this was thier conclusión , i now try to keep my brake foot away , however it did it today with my brake pedal foot away. it normally only does it at very slow speeds starting off especially when turning a corner. only once it did it at 40kmh toaprox 55kmh stopped as son as i reacted with the brake, ive learned to live with it. like the sat nav that says "turn next left contrario and the map has the arrow correct to obligatorio turn right . is your car an automatic? if so beware , brian
brian
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I had two incidents recently which remind you how easy these things could happen. In the first, a tennis ball from the kids in the back had somehow rolled to the front and gone under my brake pedal so when I tried to brake it didn't budge.

In the other, my shoe lace must have been undone when I got in the car and got trapped in the door. Fine for accelerating, but when I tried to move my foot across to the brake I couldn't!

Luckily both times I was just braking gently to traffic lights with no one else around so managed in my panic to resolve the situation, but if I'd needed to brake in a hurry it would have been disaster!
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

brianthelian wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:52 pm hi yours should be a j11? i have an automatic tecna it has accured may times i went back to nissan and they say if your foot is close to the brake pedal (with an auto transmission and with your foot close to the Accelerator the car accelerates on its own. they changed my Accelerator pedal but now say the car confuses itself if you use bopth feet with an automatic. after a few visits to nissan this was thier conclusión , i now try to keep my brake foot away , however it did it today with my brake pedal foot away. it normally only does it at very slow speeds starting off especially when turning a corner. only once it did it at 40kmh toaprox 55kmh stopped as son as i reacted with the brake, ive learned to live with it. like the sat nav that says "turn next left contrario and the map has the arrow correct to obligatorio turn right . is your car an automatic? if so beware , brian
I didn't understand much of this, but what I did get is that you mention a "brake foot", so for some reason you're using two feet to drive an automatic car. The technique is to only use your right foot, for either accelerator or brake. Your left foot remains at rest at all times, on the large footrest provided for that purpose.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
rummenn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by rummenn »

Just about to write the same - "brake foot", eh?
As advised above, use your right foot only...
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

no because the brake pedal is too high!
brian