Car problems

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
phill42bw
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by phill42bw »

Hi had my new quashqai ony since june 18, been back into garage 7 times for vibration / noise coming from passenger side. Come out worse than it went in. Lost the thrill of owning thi car now. Not happy. :oops: :oops:

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

The QQ can be a great car. For the most part, I really like mine.

Keep persisting and maybe consider phoning Nissan customer care line to see what they can do. Sometimes its just a case of trying different garage who may have experience of this fault.
phill42bw wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 pm Hi had my new quashqai ony since june 18, been back into garage 7 times for vibration / noise coming from passenger side. Come out worse than it went in. Lost the thrill of owning thi car now. Not happy. :oops: :oops:
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

Unfortunately the Qashqai seems to have a few rattle knocks taps ect I had a couple but my garage solved and stopped them.
I had driver seat squeaking when I made a turn turned out a loose bolt, now my passenger side is doing the same getting checked on next service this month.

I had a rattle on passenger side near cloth box, never told what that was but they stopped it and a knocking when the engine was idleing like some thing was tapping on the underneath off the passenger side of car, fixed but not told what it was.

Once there fixed you get back to liking the car but I understand how you feel, it hurts to think you paid so much for what is supposed to be a quality car only to have so many little problems.

Just keep taking it back until its fixed and as already mentioned maybe get Nissan involved they contact the dealer and from then on the dealer has to report back to them and advise what they found and what they did.
Nissan will also keep in contact with you to let you know what is happening.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
phill42bw

Post by phill42bw »

Hi thanks, gone to far now as we found damage to the inside windows, doors and instruments panels. Phoned the bank to make formal complaint and just want out of the pcp contract now. Garage has amidtted damage and still wants to fix the rattle and other damage but joy of owning it now gone. Hope to hear soon.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

And was this damage to the ‘inside windows, doors and instrument panel’ pointed out by yourself to your supplying dealer when you received the car?
phill42bw

Post by phill42bw »

Yes, garage informed by phone after checking car over tge next day in the light. Spoke to the pointed out and thry admitted fault. Just want rid noe.
trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

Don’t blame you phill, I’d be a bit cheesed off as well by now. No need for so many defects on a brand new vehicle.
I’ve had my share in the past with new cars, I try to buy nearly new now so I know what I’m getting.
I’m quite pleased with my QQ dci J11b but doubt I’ll keep it past three years, too many horror stories.
Good luck with your next car, try a Hyundai Tucson, my wife’s on her sixth Hyundai and not one lightbulb go in 20 years.
S.
delightfuldi
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by delightfuldi »

Hi All, Im new to this site. I have a 2012 acenta. I love my car although a bit gutless up hills. Anyway The warning light will start flashing a bleeping indicating at the rear passenger side seatbelt. No one is in the seat. does it mean the sensor is dodgy?

Thank you
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I have two friends who have recently had new QQs, they both had QQs previously, they are both complaining about the number of times they have had to return to the dealer (different dealers) to get things fixed, the faults are nothing serious but they still diminish the enjoyment of owning a new car. I like my QQ and have never really had any problems but my car is due to be changed next year I am beginning to think I might need to cast my net a little wider when considering my next car, perhaps a XC Volvo or a Honda.

It was based on my friends good reports that I got the QQ two years ago.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.