New Nissan connect

ICE, Equipment, Options
tony85rc
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tony85rc »

Hello guys, my Qashqai is only 7 months old and has this (almost) useless Nissan Connect with in-built maps.

Do you think it could be possible to change my current Connect with the new one that is now mounted in the Qashqai?

I asked Nissan Costumer service and they said to ask my dealer shop because the new one should be compatible. However, when I asked the shop where I bought my car they said to have no idea if it is possible to do it and that, eventually, it would cost me something like 5000€

Are they crazy or what?

Has some of you any news about that?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

The Connect apps are useless, but the rest of the head unit is fine that I have found. Depending on your phone etc, you can use "OK google" for most stuff. Sant nav is as good as any in car units I have ever used.

5000 euro is just insane. Maybe search the forum to look at what other people have done with android replacement units?

I don't want to rub salt into bad wounds, but you really should have checked what you were buying. I hope you got a great discount from the dealer who sold you the car. I know I would be kicking myself if I had done this.

GL
tony85rc wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:04 pm Hello guys, my Qashqai is only 7 months old and has this (almost) useless Nissan Connect with in-built maps.

Do you think it could be possible to change my current Connect with the new one that is now mounted in the Qashqai?

I asked Nissan Costumer service and they said to ask my dealer shop because the new one should be compatible. However, when I asked the shop where I bought my car they said to have no idea if it is possible to do it and that, eventually, it would cost me something like 5000€

Are they crazy or what?

Has some of you any news about that?
Territorial_
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Territorial_ »

I'm facing the same situation. Basically lost my hope on Nissan connect. Just asked an offer for a new android head unit. Everything should work normally, steering wheel controls, parking assist, and 360 cameras. The only thing missing is input from the head unit to instrument cluster while navigating. Total cost will be around 400-500€ For that money you'll get DVB-T. A new unit will also give me availability to add subwoofer
QashqaiGuy

Post by QashqaiGuy »

In the research I did before getting my new QQ I was told by a number of dealers, and Nissan Customer Service, that you CANNOT swap the units from the old to the new because there is such a difference.

Maybe consider an Android head unit?
2018 Tenka+ 1.3 160ps
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tony, it looks like your Dealer is on the Ball. We had intermittent problems with our Nissan Connect in early 2017. Our Dealer tried everything with Software Updates working with Nissan, in the end I told them I had no confidence in the QQ. Then Nissan reacted and agreed to install a New Connect Unit #259154ET3A priced at €4500 on Guarantee.
If you have a problem why do you not just try to get the existing Connect changed under Guarantee which should help you, although it would not be the latest - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

tony85rc wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:04 pm Hello guys, my Qashqai is only 7 months old and has this (almost) useless Nissan Connect with in-built maps.
To be fair it does do everything it was advertised to do - it's just the brochure makes it out to be much better than the reality.

I found that the entire setup worked well and had no problems at all with the navigation except the maps being out-of-date which can be resolved (to an extent) with a new SD card.

There are several instances of people on here fitting very sophisticated Android units which would appear to perform much better than even the current Nissan systems.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
mawsen

Post by mawsen »

I have a NC J11B from january 2018. I have for nearly a year been investigating why hands-free Bluetooth only can pick up a call but not make a call from the steering wheel. The call button has no function. I have asked my dealer and Nissan Denmark a bunch of times about the missing feature with no solution. One week ago I tried the hands-free Bluetooth feature in the brand new 2019 NC which has a new Headunit. It works brilliant, so now you can make a call by voice without fiddling with the 7" screen when driving. The bad part is that the new Headunit isn't compatible with the NC 2018 model. I think it's time to say goodbye to my NC.
J11B-18 1.5dci Silver Tekna+
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mawsen, if you have time and have not seen this before then you should take a read. This is one of the Longest Posts on the Forum regarding this “Hands Free Problem”. You might need to sit down with a long beer😄
This was a Big Problem especially regarding “Safety”, but it appears to have been corrected with the “Upgraded” QQ as you have mentioned. I have the older J11A and tried many times discussing this with NCS here in Germany but to no avail. I hope this helps you - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6067&hilit=Hands+Free#p53196
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken