Introduction new member

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
cjunaid
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by cjunaid »

That's why I waited for the new engine to arrive before making a move. Did read pretty much all reviews I possibly could including the one from Autocar. Thanks for the feedback though πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Why do some people seem to be obsessed by the 0-60 mph times. Probably 95% of cars on the road accelerate perfectly adequately given the local traffic conditions. I know that if I stamp my foot to the floor 1.2 CVT then I will go like a rocket until I reach the car in front of me and then I have to back off. Waste of fuel, waste of time and stress levels rocketing.

Please can somebody tell me why they do it.

Alan
QQ/J11B - 2020 1.3 Dig-T 160 DCT N-Connecta , Ink Blue. 19" alloys
Prev. QQ/J11 - 2015 1.2 Dig-T Tekna, Storm White. 19" alloys.
cjunaid

Post by cjunaid »

Well I am definitely one of those who is extremely obsessed with 0-60 figures. Initially I was of the same opinion as you and didn't really care much till I owned an ST and then I was like "wow is that how you feel f*** me". Even if it's a short burst on a traffic light or going into a faster lane with a zip, it's the excitement and fun that's added and the adrenaline that kicks in making you feel special even if it's for a few seconds. You are right and you can't drive fast for too long and hence it's not about the top speeds but 0-60 lol πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‰. The reason I own a Qashqai now is cuz my ST was stolen and my partner wanted me to try out a bigger and a slower car which is easy on the fuel, more about space and stature and I listened to her. I enjoy my Qashqai but I must admit I am definitely not used to of putting my foot down and then yawn and wait till the Qashqai wakes up after a few seconds to make a run for it. 1.3 is definitely better in the lower rev range then a 1.2 but it's no where close to 200+ PS ST Mountune power that took me into a different world and made me feel very special even if a BMW or an Audi dare come close.
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Another update. The car has now done 13000 miles and everything seems to be O.K. In my earlier posts I complained about the 19" wheels spoiling the ride as they were noisy and also everytime I hit a pothole (even small ones) it sounded very bashy, if that makes sense.

The tyres fitted were Continentals but I cannot say which ones as they are now in the tyre graveyard. My new tyres are Uniroyal Rain Tyres and I cannot believe the difference this has made to the ride. The car is so much quieter and less bashy than before. It's a real pleasure to drive now.

Alan
cjunaid

Post by cjunaid »

Another Update : My Qasqahi 1.3 Dig-t 140ps was sold to me with Android Auto & Apple Car Play and now I got a call today from their headoffice clearly telling me that my 68 Plate 2018/2019 model doesn't have Android Auto & Apple Car Play. All these 3 months ever since I was informed, including the information on my manual, the car was supposed to have it. I am very upset as the car has been mis-sold to me. Everything else about the car is fine but this. I think Nissan better get ready for a battle. Off I go peeps and I will keep you guys informed.
Qashqai10
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Qashqai10 »

Hil I'm not machanical at all but wondered if anyone out there have any thoughts on this problem, 2010 1.5 dci red and amber warning lights on dash AA suggested no.2 injector at fault having lugged in diagnostic . Warning lights cleared drove at garage and had injector replaced now warning lights back on and garage cannot reset so warning lights clear. Injector replaced again by garage to ensure the part was not faulty still cannot clear warning lights. Any ideas?
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Just a brief update.

Car has done 19500 miles. Serviced at 12000 miles and has used about 2 to 3mm of oil on the dipstick which I am hoping is normal oil usage. Cannot fault the car in any way.