Footwell ambient lighting

Bodywork & Interior problems
eveles
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by eveles »

duncho wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:03 pm Yes correct, RGB strip is always on, but it is OK, because you need anyhow dim its intensity, otherwise it will be disturbing while you are driving. WW LED strip has full power of power supply and therefore it is very bright and completely overkills dimmed RGB strip light ;)

Don't worry, just connect it to M54 or inner room light and you are good to go :) I think I posted details in my youtube video description.
lapalmeraie wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:34 pm As I understood you didn’t managed to find the M54 connector. As you cas see in my Youtube video it is quite high up. Even with the glove box removed as you suggested. I wouldn’t botter. The R14, the connector of the three map lights in the front is way much easier to access.

As you understood you will need two seperate LED strips for your project. Both connected to + (violet) and the ground each to only one of the other cables. The one that remains lightened to black ground and the one that only lightens when the courtesy lights are on to the red ground.
thanks Duncho and lapalmeraie
ok i get it now duncho, in your video the white strip overkills so much the dimmed rgb strip that i thought you had installed some kind of switch between them.
I should place inline a 2-5A only to the V+ cable (violet) is that right?

duncho

Post by duncho »

You can install 2A fuse there, I didn't as the inner room light circuit is anyhow secured by fuse.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
eveles
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by eveles »

Trying to gather all the parts needed i run into an issue... i can not find 4-pin Led cable for the rgb, thicker than 0,5mm².
Do i need to?
I have read in a previous asked queation that i would be good to use 1,5mm² cable. But as i see they only come in 2-pin red and black...
lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

Why you would need a 4 pin cable? Those are only needed to connect the LEDs to each other but from the LED to the connector you only need a + & -
I used 1,5 speakercable as I had this lying around anyway.

Kr
Niek
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Did a small modification last week. The original set up encountered a small problem; the footwells briefly turned green which I didn’t fancy.

Quite happy with the new result;

Kr
Niek
trout

Post by trout »

That seems an awful lot of work to me, I bought the same kit for £4.99 off eBay in fixed orange to match the dash display lights.
I simply tucked all four of the LEDs under the front seats, two aimed to the front and two to the rear. No need to stick them down there is plenty of strapping under the seats to tuck them in.
Then just bring the wires up to the centre console, it has indentations in the moulding to allow for the cables.
Plug in the supplied cig lighter on /off switch and switch on, lights come on when you open the door, they remain on until you exit the car, once locked they remain on for 60 seconds then automatically go off.
If you don’t like the lights on when driving just switch them off at the console.
Total fitting time five mins, and I can remove to another vehicle in even less time.
S.
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

That’s also a simple possibility but I already need that plug for my dashcam / phone charger and also already tapped it for a 12V outlet in the trunk. ;)

In fact it isn’t that much of an effort and quite fun to do as well. Hardest part is fixing the footwell under the seats with tie-wraps as you have to be quite flexible to reach far enough :)
trout

Post by trout »

There are two 12v outlets on my QQ one in the front near the gear lever and the second in the console.
Front one is for the dash cam and I use a double adapter in the console, one for the lights and the other for my phone charger.
£1 at Poundland and has a built in USB plug. :D
Well done though on your fitting.
S.
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Thanks man. ;)