Latest connect / infotainment question

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
mont999
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by mont999 »

I spoke with the dealer who seemed puzzled too and is following it up for me. I also remembered it seems strange that both the manuals I have been given show the newer console layout and not the older one which I have.
March 2019 Qashqai 1.3 DIG140 Tekna in Magnetic red - 2010 Triumph Street Triple phantom black

kezzaa
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by kezzaa »

Hi all, I just bid farewell to my 3 year old 1.5 n-tec diesel QQ, and took delivery of a Tekna 1.3 Dig-T 140 PS. I leased this time and was slightly disappointed to find out on delivery that the car although newly registered has the old infotainment. I assume the car must be old stock, built with the new engine but pre-dating the infotainment upgrade ?

It's not a huge deal for me since the car is beautiful (gun metal grey) and I got a really good deal, although I am not sure I will ever fully learn to trust the park assist !
Tekna 1.3 Dig-T PS140 Gun Metal Grey 2019 - 2021
Tekna 1.3 MH 140 Manual Ceramic Grey & Pearl Black 2022 ->
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

It is really unfortunate that these problems have arisen when Buyers thought that they would be receiving the New Specification Connect System in their vehicles. This was brought to light and discussed on the Forum by many members and it was often Mentioned to check when ordering what would be delivered, fortunately it made existing Forum members fully aware but not new members or the rest of the customers after orderng their QQ’s.
The data was available from Barcelona in early October and mentioned and described the new Connect but unfortunately not when the system would be in production, hence new J11B models were produced with the Old Connect.
I just hope that if requested Nissan / Dealers will replace the concerned QQ’s, but is this really likely ?, let’s hope it gets sorted soon - Dave 🤨

Just a brief example of the Nissan Data :

811355CB-FA3D-47E2-B1DB-42FA643782F1.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Tony_baduk

Post by Tony_baduk »

mont999 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:44 pm Thanks for clarifying that, I only had a brochure for the 1.2 Tekna at the time, I made my order via a broker who told me about the 1.3 tekna coming out in a months time so I decided to pre-order one of those, but I'm sure when I read online the 1.3 tekna would have the newer connect features. I'll call nissan today anyway as I should have been given a more up to date version of map
Did you manage to resolve this? I've also got the same issue and my car was delivered last week. My car is also a lease so will speak to the broker tomorrow. The listing definitely included Android Auto /:Carplay.
mont999

Post by mont999 »

Hello Tony,

No it's ongoing, I spoke with the dealer who agrees with me and took it up with Nissan. They answer they gave him was a bit of a fob off so I'm going through the customer complaints procedure with Nissan UK, the dealer said he'll back me up with this as agrees it's wrong. I submitted an online complaint on the Nissan customer care website (do they ever respond to them?) and I'll be phoning them up during the week to chase it up.
March 2019 Qashqai 1.3 DIG140 Tekna in Magnetic red - 2010 Triumph Street Triple phantom black
Tony_baduk

Post by Tony_baduk »

Hi Mont,
Thanks for getting back to me.

I've emailed my sales agent as the original quote had the Android Auto listed in the description. It's very misleading. Hopefully I'm able to resolve this with only 9 days since I've had it.

I'll keep you posted. I think it's a dealer issue but the broker's responsibility to resolve.
leroy

Post by leroy »

Tony_baduk wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:53 pm Hi Mont,
Thanks for getting back to me.

I've emailed my sales agent as the original quote had the Android Auto listed in the description. It's very misleading. Hopefully I'm able to resolve this with only 9 days since I've had it.

I'll keep you posted. I think it's a dealer issue but the broker's responsibility to resolve.
Hi Tony, I recently bought a new Qashqai and I experience the same issue with you. Have you made any progress ?
cjunaid

Post by cjunaid »

Hi guys. Excellent thread and I am facing the same issue with my newly bought Qashqai 1.3 140ps N-Connecta manual here in the UK. Took my car back for a few hrs to my dealer and got a rubbish answer saying " You need a You Nissan+ account". Idiots at the service center don't even realise that not everyone buying car is stupid. It's a hardware issue and USB offers the interface to connect the phone and the Plug & Play ability of the system should at least recognize the device being plugged in.

Whether Android Auto / Apple Car exists or not with these newer models is a different matter but the bigger problem here is Nissan with their false and misleading marketing. Legal action can be taken against this once the car has sold in plenty of numbers. Being the best selling SUV, many more will fall into the trap before we know it.

The services manager from Nissan at my local dealership has promised to get back to me but I am not too hopeful. If the system doesn't even exist, then clearly Nissan Customer Services has also mislead me over the phone few weeks back.

Please guys do let us know if anyone gets this issue sorted. Many thanks
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

This Nissan practice mirrors the disabling of the functions of the 2 steering wheel phone buttons, but dealer staff being unaware of this; there's a long thread on this started by a forum member in Oz.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Tony_baduk

Post by Tony_baduk »

I got an update from the broker this morning who mentioned that it will be unlikely to get the car swapped. However he said to make a complaint and then they will be able to investigate. I think I have now lodged a complaint and will let you know when I hear back from the complaints team. I feel I have a good case and hopefully will come back with some positive news.