First service due

Frequently Asked Questions
Den123
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Den123 »

Hi all my first service is due end feb. Do I take it before end of feb. Or on the day it was first registered. Thanks all

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

My dealer got in touch to book an appointment but if you haven’t heard you could give them a call
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

I had my QQ in for its first service just before when it was due at the end of December. It was £199 and they wanted £12 for picking it up and returning it, a total of 8 miles, but I got them to waive it when I told them I might go elsewhere. I took photos all around the car inside and out the day before and marked the filters with black marker pen so I could check if they had been replaced. Also photographed the mileage readout. I also checked the oil level and wiped it on paper to show it was dirty and photographed that too. When I got the car back I thought they hadn't changed the engine air filter but made enquiries and found that the filter they referred to in the itemised bill was in fact the air conditioning cabin filter which had been replaced. The engine air filter doesn't get replaced at 12 months yet it is dirty. Why do I not trust them? Well many years ago I was charged for a set of spark plugs which should have been changed at that service but were not actually changed.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
trout

Post by trout »

Geordieman wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:21 pm I had my QQ in for its first service just before when it was due at the end of December. It was £199 and they wanted £12 for picking it up and returning it, a total of 8 miles, but I got them to waive it when I told them I might go elsewhere. I took photos all around the car inside and out the day before and marked the filters with black marker pen so I could check if they had been replaced. Also photographed the mileage readout. I also checked the oil level and wiped it on paper to show it was dirty and photographed that too. When I got the car back I thought they hadn't changed the engine air filter but made enquiries and found that the filter they referred to in the itemised bill was in fact the air conditioning cabin filter which had been replaced. The engine air filter doesn't get replaced at 12 months yet it is dirty. Why do I not trust them? Well many years ago I was charged for a set of spark plugs which should have been changed at that service but were not actually changed.
Not easy to mark the oil filter and sump plug though is it?
I trust no one these days.
S.
Den123

Post by Den123 »

Thank you
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Geordieman, Gents

One little thing I will be doing for my QQ's next service is requesting the internal/pollen filter be replaced with an "activated charcoal" item as is a lot better. I may even have to purchase it myself if I get pushback from the dealer.

https://www.pgfilters.com/blog/what-adv ... in-filter/
Geordieman wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:21 pm I had my QQ in for its first service just before when it was due at the end of December. It was £199 and they wanted £12 for picking it up and returning it, a total of 8 miles, but I got them to waive it when I told them I might go elsewhere. I took photos all around the car inside and out the day before and marked the filters with black marker pen so I could check if they had been replaced. Also photographed the mileage readout. I also checked the oil level and wiped it on paper to show it was dirty and photographed that too. When I got the car back I thought they hadn't changed the engine air filter but made enquiries and found that the filter they referred to in the itemised bill was in fact the air conditioning cabin filter which had been replaced. The engine air filter doesn't get replaced at 12 months yet it is dirty. Why do I not trust them? Well many years ago I was charged for a set of spark plugs which should have been changed at that service but were not actually changed.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Daewar, as you have mentioned the Charcoal Internal Filter this might be worth a read if not already seen. I went back to our Dealer and had ours changed a few days after the Last Service, if you read the information there are pluses regarding pollution especially if you have family with health problems - IMHO a good idea Dave :D
Go for it ! 👍

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6781&p=57699&hilit ... ter#p57697
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken