FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
architect1337
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by architect1337 »

No further issues so far. No crashes, iPod doesn’t drop and the occasional dab drop but could be low signal. Happy with unit now.

dariusj
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by dariusj »

Hello guys,

This is the software version on the new navigations that have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The navigation itself it's a bit different: the buttons layout, it does not have SD card, etc; I was not able to find out the hardware version.

nissan-connect-android-auto.jpg

I also own a 2017 Qashqai and trying to see if I can upgrade the navigation to have Android Auto.
seashaker
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by seashaker »

architect1337 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:34 pm In case any other X-Trail users are watching:

The ICE unit in my 2016 X-Trail is the same as in the Quashqai (Maps SD card shows Nissan Connect 3) and my firmware version shows D302.

As such, I decided to see if it would update to D554 using the link at the beginning of this forum as I was getting intermittent DAB outages, sat nav would go crazy and unit would reboot.

I've just completed it and all worked as planned (as was said previously, the unit is the same across cars) - but thought I'd mention the 2016 X-Trail specifically as this posting seems to come up a lot when looking for 'Nissan Connect firmware upgrade'.

Method is the same in an X-Trail; I used the 'driving around' method - essentially turning car on, going into Service menu, selecting upgrade, inseting USB drive with software on and driving to let it do it's thing. Took about an hour overall.

I'll follow up if the DAB drops still happen.

Another happy Xtrail owner! 2015 model, couldnt get the 552 firmware as for some reason it kept on corrupting on download, but have just updated to 502. Roll on un-interruped podcasts and non crashing sat nav! This was my only gripe with the car.
paul1109

Post by paul1109 »

So yesterday I had lots of issues with the signal going even on FM, and even playing direct from my phone linked via Bluetooth it would stop playing for a few seconds. Rebooted the unit and same thing so wondering if my unit has a defect?

It seemed better after doing the update a few weeks ago but now seems worse than ever!

Unfortunately car came out of warranty 5 months ago.
Silver Tekna 1.6 DIG-T 65 Reg
Plipo

Post by Plipo »

dariusj wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:50 am Hello guys,

This is the software version on the new navigations that have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The navigation itself it's a bit different: the buttons layout, it does not have SD card, etc; I was not able to find out the hardware version.

nissan-connect-android-auto.jpg

I also own a 2017 Qashqai and trying to see if I can upgrade the navigation to have Android Auto.

I'm very curious if this work.
Would like to use android auto. In mine Qashqai tekna 2017
RokerChoker

Post by RokerChoker »

Hi folks ….. 2 months out of warranty my Qashqai started to drop the DAB signal ….it has also started to stick on my USB music , the music or Audible content from my phone stops playing …. but in the background the audio/audible continues so when it restarts its as tho there has been 30 secs or so of just no sound …..same with my cds ….. the music just stops playing....but the cd is still counting up …. The system will also randomly reboot itself now too . This is becoming more and more annoying. It actually improved a tad when I did a forced reboot myself - but not for long . Lookers where I got the car from are asking for £120 to do "diagnostics" …. I spoke to a local Audio Car dealer who reckons its a PCB which cant be replaced without a full unit replacement . He advises that is mega bucks via Nissan - but he can fit a Panasonic Android system for about £400 .
So to the point ….finally - could this just be a software/firmware issue ?? Im currently on d302 ??
Many thanks for any advice .
duncho

Post by duncho »

Upgrade to D554, if it won’t help, then think of unit replacement.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Noddy1875

Post by Noddy1875 »

What are the actual revisions in the updates ?
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
duncho

Post by duncho »

D554 is the latest version for LCN2Kai unit.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Noddy1875

Post by Noddy1875 »

But what are the revisions in the latest version ?
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI