What uo you most dislike about your Qashqai??

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
B Ogbrush
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by B Ogbrush »

I'll start the ball rolling with a couple:

I OWN THIS VEHICLE so why am I prevented from permanently turning OFF the stop-start feature? I think this puts undue stress on the starting system leading to premature failure of some components (battery, starter motor ETC) which far outweighs (in repair costs) the saving made on fuel.

The rain sensing wipers are a joke in intermittent mode, sometimes wiping when no rain is present and at others not wiping during heavy rain.

BTW my car is a 2016 Tekna model.
2023 Nissan Qashqai e-Power Tekna Ink Blue

[Gone 2016 Nissan Qashqai 1.6 Tekna Xtronic]
[Gone Mercedes S Class W220]
[Gone Range Rover Vogue]

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Unforgivable:
S/S
Relay Hack

Jury is in on two above....niggles around battery charging and Ignition OFF current drain(s)

Dealer (sales)...difficult to describe. Nah...dim!
Last edited by calnorth on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

I'd like to nominate the auto lighting mode that seems to have an algorithm that turns on the headlamps on an intensely bright sunny day just because I've stopped in the shade of a small tree :?
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

The worst tangible thing about mine was the fact the Stop/Start hardly ever worked!

The worst intangible thing about mine was the dealer experience.

Combined, plus fears about the future failure of the engine meant I sold it.

BTW auto wipers and auto-lights were great - hardly ever out of step with requirements.

(If you want Stop/Start that works perfectly get a Suzuki Ignis - highly recommended!)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Presumably, if you turn off your stop/start you inform the relevant authorities ?
I love the stop/start facility and it works well, not pumping out emissions when stationary and aiding a little with overall mpg.

Auto lights and wipers are pretty good too.

The thing I dislike most is the dealer/service experience
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Stop Start : when it works great, then I turn it Off as in the City it is a pain, when it does not work it does not work life just goes on. I personally find the Wipers really good with light rain or heavy and it’s adjustments to cope. Dealer here Superb, all Problems mostly little ones sorted through the Dealer the biggest being a New Connect under Guarantee. 1,2L Motor still behaving and giving the Works with no oil leakage. Still a likeable vehicle for the price and the “Toys”
Gloucester have you got a PT job at Suzuki now ? - Dave 😋

12EF981F-DDE1-4385-9A44-08117A6BEF44.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Great picture you've posted there - even in the same paint colours! Except my mirrors are orange and the frontal trims chrome
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

MikeGC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:37 pm The thing I dislike most is the dealer/service experience

Interesting.

When I went to book my last service - a minor one - I found out it had gone up £40 to £199. The dealer said that was because the pollen filter was now changed on a yearly basis not two years. I said "OK - I've only done 5,000 miles so don't change it and knock it off the bill". They point-blank refused (pollen filters are probably quite a money earner - I'd replaced the one on my Fabia for only £7). So I booked it in and they said that would be £215. I said Nissan standard servicing charges say it should be £199. He said dealers don't have to follow Nissan standard charges and can charge whatever they like !!!!! I then pointed out that their own website actually quoted £199 !!!!! He said OK I could have it for £199. That was a year ago - they're STILL advertising £199 but when you go to book a service online it's coming up as £215.

That wasn't the first problem with that service - I'd initially booked it online, but seemingly the online booking system wasn't working even though I had an acknowledgement of the booking! It was only when I checked the day before it was due asking to bring it in earlier that I found out.

I then went round there and rebooked it saying I'd drop it in first thing - but when the acknowledgement came it said 9.15am. I rang and said I'd be bringing it in earlier - "Not possible!" was the reply - we'll be too busy taking other cars in! Nonsense! I took it in at 8.15am no problem. And fortunately since my work is within walking distance of the dealer I didn't need a courtesy car. I was never offered one at any time during either the online booking or the face-to-face one.

It took three visits to the dealer to get a quote for the extended warranty - and then the prices they quoted were much higher than others were mentioning on here.

That was the last straw - I P'exed it for my Suzuki, at almost the same price new as my Qashqai was worth.

The only comparably bad dealer I've experienced was BMW who refused to acknowledge there was a serious engine problem with my secondhand 525iSE and even made an ineffective repair, until I managed to persuade the service manager to actually go and sit in it and listen to the tappet noise. He immediately agreed with me and the engine was rebuilt.
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Isn't there a Forum for Suzuki so they can be discussed there rather than on a Nissan QQ Forum? It isn't exactly a good looker like the QQ is it? My Kia Venga I had was much more modern looking and with a 7 year warranty and great and helpful dealership lol.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I was merely pointing out that Suzuki know how to design a Stop/Start system that works properly. Nissan's excuse of a system on the Qashqai is deplorable.