Exhaust fumes coming into interior

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Did they explain how this blocked exhaust test was carried out? Did it involve a banana? As it appears you may be dealing with monkeys :lol:
Alison556 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:59 pm I am no mechanic (or technician) but everything points to a manifold leak to me, but apparently they blocked the exhaust and the pressure was fine.

Alison556

Post by Alison556 »

Oh I believe it was the good old hand over the exhaust pipe lol

I've had it back for just over a week now and whilst the smell inside isn't as bad as it was, it's still there - and joy of joy, my fuel consumption has plummeted to a staggering 25 mpg.

It's going back in tomorrow.
Alison556

Post by Alison556 »

Well, they've had the car for three days and still have no clue what's wrong with it. They're now copying software from another car to see if they can sort it.

Meanwhile, the courtesy car they gave me looks like it's been driven through a rugby pitch and picked the team up as well as it is absolutely filthy inside and out - oh and they need to borrow it back tomorrow morning for somebody to have a test drive.

You couldn't make it up
Liam667
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Liam667 »

Hi Alison556, just wondering if you got your issue resolved. I am having a very similar issue with my 57 plate. Dealer is fobbing me off at the moment but I intend to go back soon thought full service might resolve it but so far no change. Mine is intermittent with the fume smells in the cabin and i also have loss of power issues in lower gears. Would be great to hear if your issue was resolved. Thanks
Brads48

Post by Brads48 »

We are having a very similar problem every time we are on a journey & have to stop in traffic the fumes seem to pour inside,it’s so bad it gives us headaches & we are having to put the windows down . It has been in twice & they say they can’t find anything 😱 . Anyone have any ideas when I take it back.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Brad, you have a Guarantee so let the Nissan Dealer investigate it and correct it for you, these Fumes are Dangerous especially with Kids. Attached are a few points which might help from Nissan US. Just a question have you got the switch #4 in the correct position might be a stupid question ? - Dave 😊

4 Things to Know If You Smell Exhaust Inside Your Nissan : https://www.carrnissan.com/service/information-learn-about-causes-for-exhaust-smells-inside-your-nissan-vehicle

B88E980D-9224-48DE-B866-63DEF527692E.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Barney19
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Barney19 »

My car has just gone into the Nissan dealer for the 4th time with this problem, the previous 3 times it was found to be a problem with a leaking injector, and once replaced the problem was solved. I’m hoping that as there are only 4 this will be the end of it. Am wondering if perhaps Nissan had a faulty batch of injectors. Have had several diesel cars in the past with no problems like this ( not Nissan tho)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Don't they simply put a smoke bomb in the cab? Thats certainly done for water ingress.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta