FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
karhulitos
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by karhulitos »

Hi,

Wife's QashQai 2014, NC reboot problem, shop tried update (D554 perhaps?) and now it's in initialization-fail-reboot loop. Attempted (thanks duncho of this thread! Wau!), results:
around about 35 minutes: Update failed, COMMAND: script.lua:281 remoteExec
NC bricked?

Currently trying with D502. Fingers crossed..

Greetings from Finland!
BR,
Timo

PS. had many attempts with 4 different USB sticks. Worth trying: format FAT16 so no bigger than 4GB appears to work (two 4G sticks has been ok so far) here at least
PS2. md5 checksum OK
PS3 .D502 install-attempt: same result 33min 30secs: Update failed, COMMAND: script.lua:281 remoteExec
PS4. come to think of it, this case might be due to Nissan garage bricking by interrupting flashing last week or the NC flash storage suddenly gone kaputt. What a coincidence if internal flash drive just happens to break when car sent to shop for repair of NC reboot issue.. Well, no warranty no rant..
The bootloader right upper corner version ".20V01" suggests they did get in something last week..

VictorDMD

Post by VictorDMD »

I have the same error when updating.
duncho

Post by duncho »

karhulitos wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:12 pm Well, no warranty no rant..
The bootloader right upper corner version ".20V01" suggests they did get in something last week..
Do I understand well that you brought it to Nissan dealer for upgrade and they screw it up?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
karhulitos

Post by karhulitos »

duncho wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:24 pm Do I understand well that you brought it to Nissan dealer for upgrade and they screw it up?
Yes. Or as I see it:
- they screw it up OR
- NC just had a hw failure when they tried the update (yeah, right)

The NC up/radio on - NC up/radio silent - NC reboot behavior started roughly a month ago. First I thought it was my phone bluetooth caused it but unpairing didn't help (wife's iPhone still had connection established). As the reboot cycles continued, and I think radio on -cases became more rare, I told her to take it to the garage. After that we've only seen bootloader and update attempts. Garage said system failed, no warranty, no joy.
What can we say except to bite lip? Best case some 50/50 split deal. No way. :evil:
duncho

Post by duncho »

Well, if you brought in your car with NC working, they MUST return it in the worst case as they received it or fixed.
If you got bricked NC, they MUST get it back to the state it was. It’s their business whether they will order a new unit or give you used unit but it must not have any issues you didn’t have before

karhulitos

Post by karhulitos »

duncho wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:12 pm Well, if you brought in your car with NC working, they MUST return it in the worst case as they received it or fixed.
If you got bricked NC, they MUST get it back to the state it was. It’s their business whether they will order a new unit or give you used unit but it must not have any issues you didn’t have before
Now that you put it that way perhaps we try again. The car is not ours, it's wife's family business owned car thus our 'drive' to insist Nissan to fix is perhaps one grade lower than if it was directly and personally owned by us. :D
Luckily the service report says they took a photo of the failure so I assume it's the very same wife took from our own 2nd attempt. In that sense we could require them to get it to boot up till NC User Interface comes up but radio does not work.

Just using business terms: NC was not working when we brought it in; UI with menus was operable but FM radio was silent, NAV could be selected but never tried whether it actually worked, and finally the system rebooted itself after few minutes of operation. After some reboot rounds the FM radio might come back and then again might not. We requested them to "look at it" meaning "please upgrade the sw". As this requested operation failed it indeed might have been a hw fault of some kind that resulted the original radio silent/reboot problem as well as the recent upgrade failure.

Technically you're right. NC did boot up to UI when shop received the car and when returned, not a single Nissan logo seen on the NC display ever after.

We try again, thanks! :shock:

this is our picture of the 2nd (or 3rd if Nissans try is counted) attempt:

IMG-20190411-WA0001.jpg

this one shows the bootloader (is it?) version better:

IMG-20190411-WA0000.jpg

JDZ01
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by JDZ01 »

duncho wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:04 pm Try restoring NC to factory defaults and use it for a while without pairing your iPhone.
Well, I tried. Restored fact.def. No pairing. No usb . But the system keeps crashing. Sometimes routes are easily found. But sometimes even the nearest destination gives no result.
Sometimes the system crashes several times in a minute.
If I disconnect the sd card, there is, of course, no navi, but the system is stable. So it is a naviproblem, I suppose.

Anyone any suggestions or ideas?
TIA
Jacob
duncho

Post by duncho »

@Jacob
What firmware your NC is running on? Try other Navi SD card.

dazzlaa
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by dazzlaa »

DMW wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:20 am
dazzlaa wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:19 am Hi all, do you know if this update will work with the 2015 Nissan Juke Media Nav unit? I think it is the same hardware ? I am experiencing the same issues as posted here (audio cutting out, Bluetooth audio cutting out)

Best Regards
Ask a silly question get a silly answer!! Meaning how do you expect to get a proper answer when no information was given......

Supply the details like the rest that have been given a yes or no answer to then that I'm sure would help duncho give a slightly better answer of yes or no

Hardly a silly question. "Do you know if" simply requires a yes/ no, or a friendly bit of direction.. Absolutely no need for anyone to be a patronising bell end. Typical forum-type childish attitude I suppose.
tsume

Post by tsume »

Anyone try this on a US '14-15 Rogue? It also uses the LCN2 Kai unit. Latest US firmware from dealership is D407 which was released sometime around September 2015. Looks to be same hardware version 031 I saw in screenshots here, but not sure if that means I can update.

IMG_20190419_193606.jpg

IMG_20190419_193619.jpg

IMG_20190419_193633.jpg