Strange brake down

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Ellis79
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Ellis79 »

Hi 👋🏼
My 17 plate broke down today. The engine kept going but I lost all power to the accelerator. A warning came up on the dash to say ‘fault stop/start’ and one of the dash lights came on too - sorry I can’t remember the name, it was the car with swervy lines lol. Anyway, I called the AA and popped to my friends while I waited when I walked back to the car it was absolutely fine.( I’d already turned it off for a while and back on earlier and it was the same) The AA driver got me to drive for a few miles (continue my journey) and it was still fine, he couldn’t find any issue.
Later tonight, I find my friend who also has a qashqui had the same thing happen to her car at the same time of day today, (11am) except the no loss of power, but all the same warnings!
Is that strange?! Did anyone else have the same thing happen? It was 11am today 17/4/19

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Odd; you have free Nissan Assist, which is offered by RAC, and is renewed at each Nissan service.
Suggest you use them if it reoccurs, so such faults get fed back to Nissan.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Elli, as Gel has mentioned you should use all the Facilities that are available when purchasing a New Car especially when the Guarantee is there which you have paid for. Just reading the posts on this Forum you will see that these type of “Problems” arise frequently. You can normally get advice from the Forum so you understand the problem, but you never know how much of a problem it is and “Safety” is a priority for you and the Family. My recommendation is as it is a New QQ is to get down to your Dealer ASAP and get them to check it out or fix it. Our QQ also has had various problems and as soon as something happened I photoed it and went straight to the Dealer, all Problems fixed FOC - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Ellis79

Post by Ellis79 »

Thank you so much for your replies.
Using the AA has always been my automatic ‘go to’ but I’ll defo use my Nissan cover next (hopefully there won’t be one!)
I’ll also get in touch with the main dealer ASAP 👍🏼

Do you think it’s strange at all that my friend with the same car had almost exactly the same issue at almost exactly the same time of day (20 mins apart)?!
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Electrical issues = think battery...

I was driving around then, had no issues thankfully as was on the M25.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ellis, the reason I mentioned informing the Dealer is twofold 1 : Feedback on Faults which if rectification is needed the Dealer has to go through NCS and hopefully that means “Feedback” to Nissan / Supplier. 2 : Often there are faults that are too small to make into a Major “Recall Action” but the Dealer has been informed on and reacts only on customer complaints - Hope this makes sense Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken