Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Quashqaiowner wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:52 pm Another side line to this. Has anyone noticed the volume is quieter over Bluetooth or usb??
Just took my phone to test the BT audio reliability. It played about 15 mins without loss of connection. Signal level varied about 20% (80 - 100) but held good.

The volume was low on BT so had to wind up on ICE. Switched to Radio and almost deafened. Likely need to adjust the phone I reckon? These audio inputs should be separately controlled channels?

Mine (I think) is a Connecta 3. Its possible the problems occur with Connecta 2 and lower vers...not sure because info is just nowhere.

Colin
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

Quashqaiowner

Post by Quashqaiowner »

Mines the eco version but have noticed it on a 2014 plate model to. Tried all the settings and it doesn’t change
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Quashqaiowner wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:52 pm Another side line to this. Has anyone noticed the volume is quieter over Bluetooth or usb??
I generally have the Nissan Connect's volume at 14 or 15 when streaming music via Bluetooth from my iPhone.

What I have found out is that when my iPhone restarts, i.e. after an iOS system update or I manually shutdown/restart the iPhone, the iPhone's output volume resets to 50% when it has booted back up again. It could be a similiar situation with an Android phone 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have to remember, before I set off driving, to let the iPhone connect via Bluetooth then increase the output sound volume to 100% by using the iPhone's rocker switch (or on its touchscreen). If I don't do this, I have to set the Nissan Connect's volume above 25!

This seems to be the case for all Bluetooth devices that connect to the iPhone, i.e. AirPods, speakers, etc. I had to do all this in my previous Qashqai with an older iPhone too! 🤓🚙
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
emmo1000
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by emmo1000 »

My 64 plate QQ has the same problem starting in December 2018, cutting out (on DAB & Aux) and occasionally rebooting.
I have contacted Nissan GB directly, the first time they tried to fob me off, I contacted them again and they replied:

' your case has been escalated to a case manager. As this is currently being worked on by Nissan as a know issue, your case manager will be in contact with you as soon as a solution has been provided. At the moment, we don't have a resolution'.

Fingers crossed they provide a solution ASAP.

If you have a problem, please contact Nissan GB directly. The bigger the problem, the more effort they will put into it's.
puffingbilly

Post by puffingbilly »

I received a telephone call from Nissan UK on 8th May following the response mentioned in my earlier post. I was asked to describe the problem I was experiencing, which I did, I was then told that they were extremely sorry for the inconvenience being caused and they would send me a portable sat nav for use while they worked to rectify the problem. The sat nav would not need to be returned but was mine to keep. Now what would you think? It has just got to be a wind up hasn't it? Today I took delivery of a brand new TomTom VIA52 which I will install tomorrow. The Tom Tom was accompanied by a letter from the Network Development Quality Director saying amongst other things "We are aware of the ongoing disruption with your Nissan Connect Unit, and wish to extend our apologies for the inconvenience this is causing" The letter did say to ensure the vehicle software is up to date and my local Nissan dealer would be able to check this for me. I phoned Westover Nissan in Salisbury and as I half expected they wont do anything for me unless I pay them. So back to Nissan UK tomorrow thanking them for their outstanding customer care, (in my case - I know) and asking them to cover the cost of their useless dealer to whom customer care means "can we screw more money from his bloke?"
crazyapple

Post by crazyapple »

calnorth wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:33 pm I assume your car is a 17 plate?

I have a 67 plate Connecta which did not behave on Bluetooth as expected with the bluetooth symbol (paired bt signal ok) using my Android 7 phones. That was the Bluetooth antenna symbol appearing and disappearing randomly. Since the Connecta unit is somewhat short on error messages I assumed it was pairing/re-pairing randomly.....loosing connection anyway.

I have not played music with the phone...only USB which is ok. Can you upgrade to Android 8 as a start....I did that to stop the symbol flashing on/off and is better. Or perhaps use another phone with Android 8.

The Connecta system re-start is the prime issue of course and cannot be explained. DAB will do it also, so these are external triggers (interfaced sub units) to the main digital processing that are leading to system crashes. Nissan have no idea whats wrong...they say?

As far as I understand it the Nissan Connect App has been abandoned by Nissan...aka unsupported. So I won't have redundant junk on my phones.

Colin
Mine is 2017. And phone is Android 9. So that shouldn't be an issue. And yes, the same happens to DAB as well.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

crazyapple wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:47 pm
Mine is 2017. And phone is Android 9. So that shouldn't be an issue. And yes, the same happens to DAB as well.
I've not tried Android 9 yet and won't until something fails/degrades on my phones. Yours is a 17 plate I note from the vid you link in. Mine is a 67 Facelift Connecta which does not exhibit crashes/reboots....yet! On weak/weakening DAB stations it does what DAB does best...blanks the screen and struggles to recover a signal that likely is not strong enough to recover often. I've never waited for it to crash and managed to switch stations....with a button pressing struggle. People are adjusting these ICE systems as they fail/degrade while driving. A massive safety issue!

If your vehicle is going into a dealer it might be worthwhile taking some pics of your Connect screens that show the installed hardware and software versions...some of that is on this thread above I think?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

puffingbilly wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:58 pm I received a telephone call from Nissan UK on 8th May following the response mentioned in my earlier post. I was asked to describe the problem I was experiencing, which I did, I was then told that they were extremely sorry for the inconvenience being caused and they would send me a portable sat nav for use while they worked to rectify the problem. The sat nav would not need to be returned but was mine to keep. Now what would you think? It has just got to be a wind up hasn't it? Today I took delivery of a brand new TomTom VIA52 which I will install tomorrow. The Tom Tom was accompanied by a letter from the Network Development Quality Director saying amongst other things "We are aware of the ongoing disruption with your Nissan Connect Unit, and wish to extend our apologies for the inconvenience this is causing" The letter did say to ensure the vehicle software is up to date and my local Nissan dealer would be able to check this for me. I phoned Westover Nissan in Salisbury and as I half expected they wont do anything for me unless I pay them. So back to Nissan UK tomorrow thanking them for their outstanding customer care, (in my case - I know) and asking them to cover the cost of their useless dealer to whom customer care means "can we screw more money from his bloke?"
Knee Jerk? Network Development Quality Director = Salesman?

Good luck with it all
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
dazzadub

Post by dazzadub »

HI all

I have same issue 65 plate ntec

They say its to do with the DAB radio by why is it when you connect a Bluetooth device to play music this also crashes and reboots the unit.

Yes is maybe a software issue but thsi is not good enough on nissans part and needs fixing it and sharpish
qqdriver

Post by qqdriver »

crazyapple wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:15 am Facing the same issue. Have booked in for a check at dealer, but could only get an appointment after 4 weeks on Fri 7th June. Have to live with it till then I guess, or is there anything I can try on my own?

Have been able to successfully replicate the issue here:
Good video crazyapple. Demonstrates the problem clearly. Even though I haven't tried music etc over bluetooth, the exact same happens on our 15 plate QQ with DAB radio (see my post above). Loses audio (msg on screen says station is unavailable) for a very similar amount of time as you, then after a few times reboots/resets with nissan logo. I think it has also happened with CD and FM radio too, which we use much less. I was wondering if it happens to you too with just radio and/or CD?

Last weekend I tried the previous recommendations listed above about switching off TA and radio presets (see my previous post) and I can confirm that it has *not* fixed it. Today I drove and 45 mins and it lost the connection about 5 or 6 times and rebooted once. I had bluetooth switched off on my phone and was just playing DAB on car.

Interestingly, my wife uses the car on weekdays and says she has not seen the problem for weeks. Today I was travelling east from where we live in south-west London. She commutes south-west from home. will keep monitoring it. I'm wondering if switching off bluetooth on the car will make any difference. We have always had it on to date.