J11 Camera quality and upgrade?

ICE, Equipment, Options
Syztemlord
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Syztemlord »

Hi guys,

I've just bought a 2017 Tekna and so far I'm really impressed with it. We previously had a new Kadja and wishing now, back then, we'd gone for a Qashqai. Anyway, we got there in the end!

Just have a question about the cameras, what is the quality of them generally like? On our old Kadja the image was very clean and crisp but on the Qashqai it seems a bit fuzzy on all front, back and wing mirror cameras.

Is this normal or is there an issue. If they are normally like this, is there an official or after market upgrade available?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

The cameras are a bit fuzzy but fully usable. In addition, you get the all-round view + there are other warnings when you are to close to objects/people that flash red in the area of interest. I have a new BMW M140i and so miss the all-around view of the cameras.
lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

Hi and welcome to the club ;)
I feel what you say... I found the resolution also quite low, usable but low indeed. This hit me especially when I took place in the Kadjar of a friend. :D
Only back view btw but must clearer.
Wouldn’t miss the 360° though.

Kr
Niek
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
Syztemlord
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Syztemlord »

Thanks guys, that is a shame about the quality. Wonder if they can be upgraded and swapped out?