Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
zxe
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by zxe »

Pandjh wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:58 pm Bosch IS still referenced in the latest Nissan Connect manual which is the one that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Oh dear, mine does not have support for those even though its a 17 plate

Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Iirc they only came out from about Oct 2018 onwards.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Stueyg87
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Stueyg87 »

I know this is a Qashqai forum but it’s the only active place I’ve found online with a similar problem to my car. I have a 65 plate Note Tekna 1.5 and I am also having the same issue with the unit cutting out rebooting.

I recently drive to London and back from the North East where I had the unit reboot itself 15 times. Wouldn’t even like to think of the number of times the music cut out.

Very disappointed as I’ve looked about at the cost of replacing the unit or buying a totally different unit but it’s just ridiculous. For a car that is 3.5 years old, surely issues like this shouldn’t be happening.

As someone mentioned above, hot days it seems to make the problem worse, which is why I thought it would maybe be the unit and not a software issue.

By the sounds of things on here the dealers don’t seem to be particularly helpful and fob you off so I’ve held off going back to the dealer (it was a Nissan dealer) to try and get them to resolve the problem. I’ll likely be firing an email over to Nissan directly this week at some point.
bluetoffee
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by bluetoffee »

My 2014 Qashqai has been suffering the same issue for the past couple of months.
Finally got around to reporting it to Nissan this morning by emailing gb@nissan-services.eu and got this response within half an hour:

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services.

As you may be aware, there is a known issue with the central radio head units in many vehicles, which is causing intermittent resetting and rebooting. We are currently investigating this issue at the highest possible level and as soon as we have a resolution we will advise all customers accordingly.

In the meantime, here at Customer Services we have a two step process in place. Firstly, we would like to raise a case on your behalf, so when the permanent fix is released, we will know to inform you as soon as we can. I would also like to let you know that there is a temporary fix currently.

The temporary fix involves disconnecting the DAB antenna from the back of the Connect unit, as by doing this the rebooting occurrence is eliminated. Disconnecting the DAB antenna will only disable the DAB function, FM Radio and all other features of the unit will operate as normal. This is free of charge, and can be arranged simply by contacting your nearest Nissan dealership.

Comforting that Nissan have acknowledged the issue and hopefully they'll be in touch soon with a solution.
qqdriver

Post by qqdriver »

Has anyone here had the 'temporary fix' i.e. disconnecting DAB antenna? Does it work?
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Thats a new one? Disconnect the DAB Antenna....
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
RedFraggle

Post by RedFraggle »

paul1109 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:36 pm So Nissan replied to my service request and that they are aware of issue and working with the radio manufacturer to provide a solution. Apparently a Nissan dealer can remove the DAB aerial connection to resolve the issue, no mention of what it will cost and also I use DAB radio all the time so it won't be happening.

They will let me know when it's been resolved so looks like a waiting game for now.
Same response to me yesterday
Stueyg87
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Stueyg87 »

I’ve had the same rely via email today and was asked to provide details of my vehicle which I have provided.

I’m expecting further contact to see if there will be any cost for the ‘quick fix’.
Jonnyoner

Post by Jonnyoner »

I’ve just had an email from Nissan Customer Services asking for my address so they can write to me with an outcome ‘shortly’.

Be interesting to see what the letter says?
zxe

Post by zxe »

Jonnyoner wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm I’ve just had an email from Nissan Customer Services asking for my address so they can write to me with an outcome ‘shortly’.

Be interesting to see what the letter says?
Ok i will fire of an email to them, quoting this site and what they have say