wobbling on acceleration

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Js12345
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Js12345 »

Did you ever solve this, I have the same problem, Clutch and Mass Fly wheel changed but still doing the same.

Thanks

Js12345
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Js12345 »

I got my car problems resolved now, it was violently shaking on acceleration and going up hill on motorways, my garage replaced mass fly wheel and clutch but did not resolve. They also replaced drive shafts but still no joy.
The resolution was to replace lower subframe mounts the rubber was shot.
Hope this helps someone
Rogeshar
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Rogeshar »

It still hasn't resolved the issue. Another mechanic has had a look and rocking the car back and forward there is a lot of play and therefore suggested that the issue is the differential. He looked at the engine mounts and they are OK. Now looking at spending another whole shed load of money. Differential was suggested from the off, but as it was quoted as being anything up to 7K, it wasn't something I was really keen to go straight for.
TRANSAUTOTRADING

Post by TRANSAUTOTRADING »

A note of thanks to Stuart Spanners. Having fitted a clutch in our 2007 1.6 petrol Qashqai we were perplexed to have a chronic wobble on acceleration in gears 1 and 2, which we hadn't detected prior to clutch fitting. After changing the nearside drive shaft we found there was slightly less vibration and wobble but it wasn't saleable in this condition. As one does I scoured the web reading how many people had wasted their money on brake discs and other items. Following your recommendation we changed the off side drive shaft sourced via the reconditioner on fleabay for £60 (half price). This cured the wobble. This forum worked for us so I hope others will share their information and save members a few quid here and there. Transautotrading.
TRANSAUTOTRADING

see below posted friday 15th nov
TRANSAUTOTRADING

see below posted friday 15th nov
AmosDraft

Post by AmosDraft »

Hi All. I'm new to the forum and joined because of the useful posts placed here regarding wobbling on acceleration, and hoping you might be able to offer some more words of wisdom. I have a J10 Qashqai+2 4WD 2.0 dCi, 6spd auto with 93,000 miles. A few months ago it started an intermittent wobble/vibration at speeds of around 40mph and above - it clears if you power off and accelerate again. It was only occasional so I ignored it but now it is becoming a major issue and I need to try and fix it. I read with interest about drive shaft issues but I have experience of a very similar problem on my Honda CR-V that had the same fault characteristics. I changed the drive shafts and front brake discs (they were warped anyway) but it made no difference. After weeks of head scratching I phoned my local Honda dealer who told me exactly what to do: drain the diff oil, replace it with fresh oil, drive the car for 10 mins, drain again and replace with fresh. Bingo! Problem solved. Like the CR-V, my Qashqai is 4WD and as the fault behaves almost identically I do suspect the diff. Any thoughts would be gratefully received! Thanks
Gove
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gove »

I think they call it clutch slap!
My Audi used to do it when the gear your in is too high for the speed your doing.You couldnt drive it at 30mph in fifth gear.
QQ j11,2014 1.6dci tekna 4WD.pearl white.
hussain0121

Post by hussain0121 »

AmosDraft wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:33 am Hi All. I'm new to the forum and joined because of the useful posts placed here regarding wobbling on acceleration, and hoping you might be able to offer some more words of wisdom. I have a J10 Qashqai+2 4WD 2.0 dCi, 6spd auto with 93,000 miles. A few months ago it started an intermittent wobble/vibration at speeds of around 40mph and above - it clears if you power off and accelerate again. It was only occasional so I ignored it but now it is becoming a major issue and I need to try and fix it. I read with interest about drive shaft issues but I have experience of a very similar problem on my Honda CR-V that had the same fault characteristics. I changed the drive shafts and front brake discs (they were warped anyway) but it made no difference. After weeks of head scratching I phoned my local Honda dealer who told me exactly what to do: drain the diff oil, replace it with fresh oil, drive the car for 10 mins, drain again and replace with fresh. Bingo! Problem solved. Like the CR-V, my Qashqai is 4WD and as the fault behaves almost identically I do suspect the diff. Any thoughts would be gratefully received! Thanks
I have the exact same problem with the exact same car 2010 QQ +2 diesel I have changed drive shafts twice and today changed diff oil it seems to have improved but it has not gone away have you tried anything else have you resolved this???
rockchap

Post by rockchap »

Which oil did you use as the manual states "nissan differential fluid" and nissan dealer could not give me weights but could sell me a gallon for £130+vat!