This is a Corker

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

Right, I'll start at the beginning because this might be a long one so stick with it.

This morning I went out in the QQ ( went for a run at local park at about 5am ) and no problems, and while out I checked the AdBlue status and all was well.

So, fast forward to about 10.30am and I'm out in the QQ again at the local retail park, on returning to the car I start it, but then remember I had to check the jack in the boot and stopped the car about 5 seconds after initially starting it, sort the jack and restart the car again and I've got an AdBlue fault warning and a Start/Stop failure warning and the EML light is on all at the same time.

After making my way home I then phoned the Nissan Assist and the lady on the phone was a real darling, first she told me I had over filled the AdBlue, I wasn't aware that you could and if you put too much in all it will do is overflow and more to the point how could she possibly know!, then she told me that I can just turn the Start/ Stop feature off, I told her I didn't want to just turn it off I just wanted it fixing because both issues had triggered the EML light, so after much toing and froing she decided they would send out the RAC to check out the car.

Now comes the strange part, the car is on the drive waiting for the RAC and after 45min I go out and sit in it, turn it on and guess what, no AdBlue fault and no Start/Stop failure, these have disappeared, but the EML is still lit up, so I take the car round the block and the EML light goes out which I thought was impossible as it has to be reset.

RAC guy turns up and checks the car over and finds the following

RAC.jpg

The faults are cleared and the battery checked and all is OK, so we decide to see how things go as I really need the car over the coming week or so, and if the problem comes up again to give them a call and they would take the car to Nissan.

Also, after the RAC guy had gone I noticed that the clock on information screen between the dials was 1 hour out when compared to the Navi which makes me think there might be an issue with the battery after all.

So, am I OK to charge up the battery using a C-TEK charger while it's still on the car?
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red

Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

I have a CTEK MXS 5, this is from the manual...

Screenshot_20190712-152055_Drive.jpg

2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Thanks Pandjh...I have the same charger so will follow the instructions, I'm was a little unsure how to connect due to all the fancy electronics in the QQ.

My old X-Trail had one of the C-TEK Comfort Connectors which was great, it was fastened to battery and you just plugged in the charging lead and away you went.

I wonder if I can use one of the Comfort Connectors on the QQ without causing any issues?
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Pass, I only ever used the crocodile clamps Weasel.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)