Need help after accident

Bodywork & Interior problems
duffy1807
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by duffy1807 »

I've not encountered any injuries so I wont be claiming for whiplash, as for the driver of the first car I imagine she will as the impact off the 2nd car would have been phenomenal. I cant see the driver of the middle car claiming as it was his liability.

I think the Tekna bumper does fit, I have compared it to my bumper and the only thing that is difference from what I can see is the extra hole for the parking assist sensors all other clip's wholes are in the same place.

Now that I have an idea of what I need after removing the front, its time for me to do a bit of shopping on ebay, I Don't think it is as bad as it was it seems, I have already started the work by fitting the front wing., after removing my old one am I may have been about to save it? I think it was slightly pushed back towards the passenger door, which caused a crinking noise when opening and shutting the passenger door. The new one is now installed and has fixed this.

It looks like my bonnet is out of place, not a lot but enough to notice, this can probably get repaired instead of buying a whole new one, but this is last on the list.

I will come back with a check list of things that I have made and will need and hopefully find them cheap enough.

Thanks all

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Its interesting to read what you are doing. I guess you may have some paintwork to do?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Pictures?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
duffy1807

Post by duffy1807 »

Sorry i havent been as active recently , ive had a busy week as you can imagine . Am glad to say my car is in full working order and works flawless... ( lucky enough )

I had to purchase a new front right wing , bumper , headlight , reinforcement bar arm a couple of polystyrene protection bits that fit on the front.

Ii have managed to get my car in pretty good shape for approx £650.

The only thing that is throwing me off is colour variation of the same colour code for my side wing ? Apparently QAB is the code for pearl white, however on my car it looks storm white ? The bumper ( off the same car as the wing) doesnt look to much different.

I will upload some photo's soon, does anyone know how to upload attachments straight from my phone ? I am getting the "file is too large" message from my images ?

Thanks all ..
duffy1807

Post by duffy1807 »

Here are a few images at the moment after the repairs. Not perfect but alot better than before the accident 😁 .. still need to sort out the front of the bonnet though, not sure if i can repair this is or if it a new bonnet is required ?.

The front bumper and left wing has come of a QQ Tekna with colour code QAB suppose to be the same colour but you can see the variation in the picture , anybody know how to minimize this ?

1568772354511.jpg

1568772354987.jpg

1568772355464.jpg

duffy1807

Post by duffy1807 »

I didnt take many images after the accident, however this image will the extent of the damage.

1568773258923.jpg

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Duffy, I must say looking at your Pics you have done a pretty good job of the repair - are you thinking of starting a business ?🙂 - well done Dave 😉
OK there is a paint difference but the paintwork on our QQ 2014 had on the order “Pearl White (Metallic) QAB” which has a Clear Coat and now according to the Nissan Catologue from 2014 and Now it is called “Storm White Pearlescent QAB”, also a normal “White” shows up in some Ads. Naturally there are differences between Metallic and Std Finishes, or perhaps the Parts have already been re-sprayed for instance, but it does though look like you have a mix of both.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Good job!

Computer monitors are hopeless for looking at colours accurately. Mine doesn't show any colour variation in the top photo whereas in the second photo the bumper looks duller than the OS wing.

Metallics have always had a reputation for difficult colour matching. My mother wouldn't have a metallic albeit that was 40 years ago when techniques weren't as advanced as nowadays. A friend of mine scraped the bumper on her orange metallic 208 and I was amazed how good a job the garage did for £180. It's literally imperceptible - her daughter never found out!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
duffy1807

Post by duffy1807 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:32 am Duffy, I must say looking at your Pics you have done a pretty good job of the repair - are you thinking of starting a business ?🙂 - well done Dave 😉
OK there is a paint difference but the paintwork on our QQ 2014 had on the order “Pearl White (Metallic) QAB” which has a Clear Coat and now according to the Nissan Catologue from 2014 and Now it is called “Storm White Pearlescent QAB”, also a normal “White” shows up in some Ads. Naturally there are differences between Metallic and Std Finishes, or perhaps the Parts have already been re-sprayed for instance, but it does though look like you have a mix of both.
Cheers dave :lol:

I dont think its too bad considering it was my first time. Im fortunate that everything in the car still operates like new 😁 that was the biggest worry. I had an issue with the radar, however once i disabled it in the settings ( emergency braking ) and drove a couple of miles it disappeared once i started the car again and hasn't come on since . I have even tested it out ( very cautiously ) and it works as expected which saves me £150 :)

The colour variation thing is driving me mad.... when looking at the car in person the bumper has a yellowish colour ( same as my car ) wierdly coming from the same car as the new wing :roll:

The only detail on my car was QAB, which is what i went for, i could of swore Storm White had a different code :lol:
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Duffy, let’s give this a Try ! On our LHD Passenger Door Pillar is an Info’ Sticker with the Nissan Color Spec of the QQ QAB G, take a look at yours and see if it corresponds for the Pearl White which should confirm what you have. If it is different then it could be the Storm White. If I was you I would ask your local Nissan Store Guy or a Local Paint Shop for confirmation - Dave 😋

795D7545-4883-4A22-8F7D-6FCC0242C02B.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken