Do i need to put the keyless entry key in a signal blocker on new 2019 model?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
james_uk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by james_uk »

Hi, i have got a 2019 QQ 1.3 Dig-T N-conecta today and seems really nice so far, but different from my old diesel insignia, seems to be drinking the petrol on first impressions but thats a different issue lol

When it got delivered I asked the guy that was giving us a demo of the car about the keyless entry and that i had read a lot about needing a signal blocker for when not in the car or in the house etc

He said on the new QQ Nissan have put a lot of effort into the technology on the new model and he's not heard of any being broken into via a signal booster.

So he said he doesn't think we really need to use one.

I am just wanting to know is that good advice or can the new model be broken into just as easy as previous models via this method?
Regards,

James

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi James and Welcome to an active Forum. You have raised an important question here as I have never heard of this and have just gone through discussing a new QQ at our Dealers. It will be interesting to see if any of the new J11B Owners can clarify this. We are still using a “Themis” Security Pouch (there are loads around now) for our QQ (+ spare key) and it still works and is worth the minimal outlay - Dave

EBEB7704-AA34-4B55-B129-7E9F11EB6195.jpeg

Attached just one of the long posts on this subject there are more under “Search”
https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5973&start=30
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

I do the same as, Dave... and keep both my keys in individual pouches, I also keep the pouches in a metal tin.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Weasel, I try to do the change over as soon as the Door is locked, before placing the Key in the other compartment. But sometimes I forget “could be called age” and you wonder why the “b - - - - y” QQ does not open - Dave 😤
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

DaveBerlin wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 am Weasel, I try to do the change over as soon as the Door is locked, before placing the Key in the other compartment. But sometimes I forget “could be called age” and you wonder why the “b - - - - y” QQ does not open - Dave 😤
I do the same re the change over, but I never use the keyless system so to speak, as I always lock / unlock with the key fob.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red