Cruise Control Not Working

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

There is a fix with cruise control not working if you get error P0096 - an air temperature sensor. Contact your dealer and ask them to replace air temperature sensor. The one you have in your car fails in cold starts with increased air humidity (sensor fails when it gets contaminated with mix of oil & condensed air mixture).
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Thanks Dan, that's what I'd discovered if you look at the linked topic! ;)

Phoned the dealer today, couldn't get through to service department. Left my number for them to call back, but of course they haven't.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
duncho

Post by duncho »

Sorry I didn't check your link, which diagnosis is correct. I have just pointed on official technical bulletin (TB EC 15/04) which you can refer to when you visit your dealer ;)

Hound

Post by Hound »

I'll be glad to go there armed to the teeth with info :) Where can I view that document, please?
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hound wrote:I'll be glad to go there armed to the teeth with info :) Where can I view that document, please?
I've got the information from very good friend of mine. Check your inbox.

Hound

Post by Hound »

Many thanks good sir. I promise not to divulge its origin! :)
Hound

Post by Hound »

Nissan dealer: "Earliest we can inspect your car is 21st December."
Me: "You're giving me the OK to drive around for five weeks with an engine warning light on?"
Nissan dealer: "It's orange, not red, so it should be ok."
Me: "Hmmmm."

(phones Motability for advice)

Motability: "You can take it to any Nissan dealer that's an accredited Motability supplier. I'll find a suitable one for you and put you through."
Me: "Great, thanks."

(connects to another Nissan dealer)

Another Nissan dealer: "Thursday or Friday this week OK for you ?"
Me: "Yes indeed, thank you!"
Pedronev85

Post by Pedronev85 »

Hi all, sorry to bring up and old post... I just picked up my QQ last week and having probs with the CC and limiter. If I press either button before I drive and for the duration of that trip I get -- which enables me to set a speed, however if I start driving first and then try it on either CC or limiter I get the word SET in a solid white block and am unable to adjust/ set the speed. I have ensured like some of the suggestions state making sure my foot is not on the clutch etc but no joy.

Please help me someone as this is driving me crazy.

Thank you
poolielad
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by poolielad »

I know the car is pretty old (2007 2lt acenta) but I have a couple of problems, the first one is the adjustable wing mirrors are not working, II have checked the fuse which seems fine,just nothing happening when i try and adjust them.. The 2nd one is I am not sure whether the cruise control is working.... I havent got a owners manual for this car, and never had a car with cruise control before.... when I turn it on i get the cruise symbol light up on dash, but when I flick the switch up or down, nothing happens or comes up on dash and when i take my foot of the accelerator it just slows down.....Also the limiter is not working either... the symbol dosent even light up on the dashboard.... Could this be a fuse) if so, where is the fuse for this???

Any help would be appreciated.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

poolielad wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:39 pm I know the car is pretty old (2007 2lt acenta) but I have a couple of problems, the first one is the adjustable wing mirrors are not working, II have checked the fuse which seems fine,just nothing happening when i try and adjust them.. The 2nd one is I am not sure whether the cruise control is working.... I havent got a owners manual for this car, and never had a car with cruise control before.... when I turn it on i get the cruise symbol light up on dash, but when I flick the switch up or down, nothing happens or comes up on dash and when i take my foot of the accelerator it just slows down.....Also the limiter is not working either... the symbol dosent even light up on the dashboard.... Could this be a fuse) if so, where is the fuse for this???

Any help would be appreciated.
This is a duplicate posting - check out https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8738&p=69648#p69648
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)