Clutch pedal sort of spring feel

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
pacojones
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by pacojones »

Wow this evolved very quickly, and maybe we know what is the cause of this behavior, so thank you a lot.

I'll go tomorrow to my dealer and now I have extra information that I didn't have, and this is what forums are all about, so guys a huge thank you all.

Just to enrich my feedback, this behavior does not affect the correct shifting gears or the car starting to move or what so ever, my impression is that the impact is only on the left foot feeling when pressing or releasing the pedal, so this slave cylinder explanation makes all sense.

Apart from that, I think my alternator belt has some issue as well, after using my car, when I stop and the engine is hot, I hear a sort of click from second to second coming from the engine near the right front wheel, which leads me to think is one of the belts and I want to believe that is only the alternator one...

This is being a not so good beginning, but I'm tolerant enough if the dealer solves these things with no noise. I have a 2008 1.4 d-4d Auris and it sucked a little bit at the beginning, but now after 11 years I still own the car and I'm truly happy, so I think suffering on the beginning is dissapointing but is better than suffering later :)

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

You could ask why the clutch pedal appears "weighted" from either pedal down or pedal up. Thats in terms of force by foot. Something changed as regards the new slave cylinder to reverse the foot pedal action force you originally experienced?

If its normal then its a design fault...no clutch is like that. Foot pedal action is against 3 springs using hydraulic force. The strongest force is from the clutch itself...the actuator plate that presses or releases the clutch disc itself.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
pacojones

Post by pacojones »

So went to the dealer today and the reaction was that is was normal, but when I asked to see another car like mine said no one was available, that this issue must be looked up with further detail with schedule :)

Sure this won't be seen on the next few days, but I'll come back to this topic as soon as I have news. Thank you again
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

If they intend to remain in the "normal" camp call Nissan direct and lodge a complaint.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
pacojones

Post by pacojones »

Curiosity, my car does not have spare tier, has an emergency filling kit, but ir does not bring a Key to lock/unlock wheel Screws neither an elevator, I think its os usual to offer these things, is this normal?
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Thats standard stuff for a new car...its a fluid tyre filling kit (not good) with all the wheel removal parts. Used cars can be missing parts. We usually goto eBay to replace or advertise on this forum.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
pacojones

Post by pacojones »

phatboy wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:25 am
calnorth wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:05 am Thats detectable non linear travel of any of the moving components....hydraulic or mechanical resistance. Thats wrong and should be pretty much smooth/constant And it appears changing the slave cylinder has changed the point of greater resistance from bottom to top of pedal travel.

I'd hope that the travel of the clutch itself (in/out) was normal? Quite some force needed there.

Other than that, pedal pressure is against two springs. One in the master and one in the slave cylinder. Hydraulic fluid can be considered a solid rod.

Question is.... whats changed on slave cylinder replacement?
Thanks for that, very interesting!

I drove a few miles last night and again this morning, and I think it's sort of 'bedding in' and starting to feel better. Time will tell I guess....

I have very little faith in the dealer to be honest, buying the car and then the issues I'm experiencing, all together it's been a bit of a disaster!
It's been a few days, how is your QQ clutch pedal/slave cylinder going so far? Any improvement?
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

pacojones wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:30 pm
phatboy wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:25 am
calnorth wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:05 am Thats detectable non linear travel of any of the moving components....hydraulic or mechanical resistance. Thats wrong and should be pretty much smooth/constant And it appears changing the slave cylinder has changed the point of greater resistance from bottom to top of pedal travel.

I'd hope that the travel of the clutch itself (in/out) was normal? Quite some force needed there.

Other than that, pedal pressure is against two springs. One in the master and one in the slave cylinder. Hydraulic fluid can be considered a solid rod.

Question is.... whats changed on slave cylinder replacement?
Thanks for that, very interesting!

I drove a few miles last night and again this morning, and I think it's sort of 'bedding in' and starting to feel better. Time will tell I guess....

I have very little faith in the dealer to be honest, buying the car and then the issues I'm experiencing, all together it's been a bit of a disaster!
It's been a few days, how is your QQ clutch pedal/slave cylinder going so far? Any improvement?
Hi,

It feels a lot better... I don't think its perfect, based on other Qashqai's I've driven recently, but if I hadn't had any others I think I'd find this one fine now.
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

pacojones wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:50 am Curiosity, my car does not have spare tier, has an emergency filling kit, but ir does not bring a Key to lock/unlock wheel Screws neither an elevator, I think its os usual to offer these things, is this normal?
You should have the adaptor for the locking wheel nuts, but not the jack or wheelbrace
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
pacojones

Post by pacojones »

phatboy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:15 pm Hi,

It feels a lot better... I don't think its perfect, based on other Qashqai's I've driven recently, but if I hadn't had any others I think I'd find this one fine now.
Thanks, I'll insist with my dealer so we can try to work it out.

Curiously, when the car is cold the pedal seems to be quite smoother but never "normal". When the car is worm and if it does more stop/start during traffic, the pedal tends to be more "rusty". The dealer told me we would arrange a day to leave the car so they can check it out, let's see how it goes, then I'll come back with more news. Thanks again, great help.