Will it retain the original features to upgrade Nissan Qashqai radio

ICE, Equipment, Options
Derionna
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Derionna »

Hi, everyone, I enjoy listening to music on my Nissan Qashqai 2014 during my commute everyday. I never thought about changing the car radio until one day when I hear the music from my friend's aftermarket XTRONS car radio on his Ford Focus. I am really impressed with it.
Can't believe the sound quality is improved so much.
Now I only have one question. Will I still keep the original features of my Nissan Qashqai after upgrading an aftermarket Xtrons radio? Anyone has done this before? Thanks for any input.

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

There's been quite a bit of discussion on this topis

Make a fresh cuppa and enjoy

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3465&hilit=android
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Usually people are upgrading their infotainment system because they want more functionality from an Android system - not because they was better sound quality.

Would an alternative be upgrading the speakers, possibly adding an amp?

You might find it easier to use Google rather than the on-site search facility - try something like:

< XTRONS site:www.qashqaiforums.co.uk >

You need to be reasonably auto-electrics competent to upgrade doing all the work yourself.

The topic MikeGC has linked to has lots of information on the benefits and pitfalls of Android infotainment units.

Try also searching on:

< android site:www.qashqaiforums.co.uk >
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Steve0615
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Steve0615 »

There are many famous brands such as Pioneer, Kenwood and JVC, i bet you can find one from them. i had a double din unit from XTRONS 3 years ago for my Qashqai. It supports Bluetooth, Smartphone connection, Sat Nav, DAB, pretty much everything you could possibly want in a stereo. Unfortunately, it started to reset itself recently and it is out of warranty. XTRONS support advised me to upgrade it to a new model with 10.1" screen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, they offered me a best price. Based on my experience with my last XTRONS unit, i think i will buy one from them again with confidence.