Small possible issue? When accelerating

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Mostyn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Mostyn »

Had the car since last Friday, 2018 Qashqai N-Connecta 1.5 D. Noticed a pause in the accelerator or lack of power on occasions when changing from first to second gear; this is a momentarily thing, asked the guy in the dealership about it; and he said it's normal as it is an electronic accelerator . This isn't a serious problem as the car runs smoothly, just get that sluggish feeling with it. Anyone know if this is normal? or maybe it's just me getting used to it? Are they supposed to be this way?
Thanks
M

parky74

Post by parky74 »

I've had mine just over a week now and noticed the same plus it likes to stall occasionally when setting off, like there's no power there. Got in touch with my local dealer and it is a problem that needs sorting with a software update for the ECU. I would ask them to check if it's been done on yours. Mine is booked in on Friday. Another guy said his was like that from New (68 plate) and the update made a huge difference.
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

parky74 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:01 pm I've had mine just over a week now and noticed the same plus it likes to stall occasionally when setting off, like there's no power there. Got in touch with my local dealer and it is a problem that needs sorting with a software update for the ECU. I would ask them to check if it's been done on yours. Mine is booked in on Friday. Another guy said his was like that from New (68 plate) and the update made a huge difference.
Thanks Parky,
Appreciated.
M

PS, what is the ECU? is it a longish job to just up-date it? Will get in touch with the Nissan Dealer tomorrow.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mostyn, “An Engine Control Unit [ECU] is now used in modern cars instead of mechanical means to control such functions as spark timing and to regulate the air/fuel mix. The ECU is a small computer connected to many sensors around your engine” - Dave 🙂
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:59 pm Mostyn, “An Engine Control Unit [ECU] is now used in modern cars instead of mechanical means to control such functions as spark timing and to regulate the air/fuel mix. The ECU is a small computer connected to many sensors around your engine” - Dave 🙂
Thanks Dave,
I had guessed it was something like that, Computers Eh,
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

Found this discussion on here, related to ECU updates etc... do a search for :

1.5 dci engine (and dealer) problems after software update
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Seems Nissan has difficulty with Configuration Control. Wonder who is employed for periodic independent audit...if at all?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

Been to dealer; and seems my QQ N-Connecta is fine; and running as it should be. It was just me getting used to the slower pick-up to acceleration on the 1.5 Diesel engine; they checked for any ECU update on the 2018 engine and found it not requiring any updates. So, that's me with peace of mind for the time being. To be honest I love the car. Happy day's
Thanks for input and suggestions, comments and help always appreciated.
M