Lane assist and high beam assist

ICE, Equipment, Options
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I had high beam assist on my Qashqai and it was wonderful. Almost always accurate in both going up and down.

I really miss it in my present car :(
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Here's a vid of the setup/calibrate of the windscreen camera (sensor) for speed limit detection. Shows the car settings/setup and procedure.

This is a VW Golf that has had an incorrectly coded part fitted somewhere, which has caused a problem with the front camera.

So all faults cleared and follow on procedure for all such sensors would be similar. See from 11 mins in:

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Tion

Post by Tion »

parky74 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:38 am Both my new QQ and my old (2017) Insignia have High Beam Assist and there is only one stretch of road throughout my 20 mile journey to work on which high beam would come on. They've now improved the streetlighting on this stretch and now it doesn't come on anymore :( . Mine does work well though, as we went for a meal in a place that is up Pendle Hill on Friday night and it near perfectly switched the high beam on and off. Hope you get it sorted.
Lee.
Thanks Lee, that sounds how my Qashqai use to work before the new screen. High beam assist barely came on but lane assist worked perfectly.
The odd thing is that the camera is still reading the speed limit signs correctly.
Tion

Post by Tion »

calnorth wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:00 pm Here's a vid of the setup/calibrate of the windscreen camera (sensor) for speed limit detection. Shows the car settings/setup and procedure.

This is a VW Golf that has had an incorrectly coded part fitted somewhere, which has caused a problem with the front camera.

So all faults cleared and follow on procedure for all such sensors would be similar. See from 11 mins in:

Interesting watch, makes me wonder how the windscreen company calibrated the camera then ? Doubt they would have anything as advance as the screen with lines/dots etc with them in their van.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

gloucester wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:42 am I had high beam assist on my Qashqai and it was wonderful. Almost always accurate in both going up and down.

I must admit it's one of my favourite features on the Qash, like gloucester's mine works very well indeed, love how it will turn off high beam when driving on a well lit road and when the lighting levels drop it goes straight back into assist mode without having to change the settings.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
Tion

Post by Tion »

Weasel wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:47 pm
gloucester wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:42 am I had high beam assist on my Qashqai and it was wonderful. Almost always accurate in both going up and down.

I must admit it's one of my favourite features on the Qash, like gloucester's mine works very well indeed, love how it will turn off high beam when driving on a well lit road and when the lighting levels drop it goes straight back into assist mode without having to change the settings.
It’s one of the features I know I’ll use and love. However it just doesn’t work correctly at present. It’s too dangerous to use until I get it calibrated at least
Lusky

Post by Lusky »

I recently had a stone land on my wipers, they were on auto and as it was damp they came on with a shuddering grinding noise. Caused a perfect arc in the windscreen like it was cut with a diamond cutter. To cut a long story short, new windscreen fitted by national windscreens that had to be calibrated afterwards by them, all as part of the service and cost (my excess) I believe that dealers charge an arm and a leg to do this. Wipers sense perfect, reads speed signs perfect, high beam assist works perfect so I would say you defo need everything calibrated, I'm surprised when it was fitted they didn't know or do this. Good luck resolving it.
2015 QASHQAI N-TEC + DIG-T 5 DOOR HATCHBACK PETROL. BLUE.
Tion

Post by Tion »

Lusky wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:16 pm I recently had a stone land on my wipers, they were on auto and as it was damp they came on with a shuddering grinding noise. Caused a perfect arc in the windscreen like it was cut with a diamond cutter. To cut a long story short, new windscreen fitted by national windscreens that had to be calibrated afterwards by them, all as part of the service and cost (my excess) I believe that dealers charge an arm and a leg to do this. Wipers sense perfect, reads speed signs perfect, high beam assist works perfect so I would say you defo need everything calibrated, I'm surprised when it was fitted they didn't know or do this. Good luck resolving it.
Well I was told it had been calibrated, the problem is that I wasn’t there when the screen was fitted. It was left at the dealers and they got someone in to do it.
I just picked it up when they rang me on Friday, wipers seem to work fine, lights come on when it’s dark etc. Also reads speed signs.
Just lane assist and high beam assist isn’t working properly.
Hopefully it will be a easy job to calibrate it and get it working again.
All I’ve had is problems since I bought the car.
Tion

Post by Tion »

Random question, anyone who’s had their Qashqai windscreen replaced....was it a genuine Nissan windscreen replacement or third party screen ?

Would it make any difference ?
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Does firing a torch at the w/screen camera work? At night when its dark. I don't have the beam assist function.

There's 5 pages of Camera Aiming procedure in this J11 doc: (from page DAS 95 thru 100)
DAS+-+DRIVER+ASSISTANCE+SYSTEM.pdf
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 399 times
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta