Hello, All!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
SommerGirl
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SommerGirl »

I guess I really don't own a Qashqai - I live in New England, USA and I just bought a 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport Model S, which I understand is the same vehicle as the Qashqai sold in the rest of the world. Am I correct in this or have I been misinformed? Does this still qualify me to participate in this forum? Anyway, I really, really like this vehicle and it's sooo much better than the one I donated to a worthy cause (we can do that over on this side of the pond). Now, I have little skill with working on cars, but my boyfriend knows lots of stuff and he's looked this one over before I made my purchase. It's in great shape and was used by a 'for hire' company (Enterprise Rentals - we call them rent-a-car companies over here) and well maintained by them. He just finished changing the air filter for the engine and showed the old one to me. Man, it was dirty! He had a bit of trouble getting the black plastic air scoop (I think that's what it's called) back on but it seems to fit now. Tomorrow he's going to replace the cabin air filter which I understand can be quite a chore. I'm looking forward to having this car for quite some time and I hope to share my experiences with the forum as I go along. Looking forward to any input you more experienced owners may care to share. Thanks in advance! :D

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Firstly welcome to the Forum which was originally started for the QQ J11but now covers the J10 / J11A / J11B so you are in the correct place. In the US it is basically the same vehicle with the exception of the Motor 2L & Gearboxes plus a few other “Fully Loaded” item we do not get. The US model is built in Japan the European in Sunderland UK. As you mentioned you have a 2019 model so it could well be the later J11B model depending naturally on build dates or it’s the older J11A model.

Here are some Nissan Catologues which might be of help to look through :

QQ J11B European Version : https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/content/dam/Nissan/gb/brochures/Vehicles/Nissan_Qashqai_UK.pdf

2020 QQ J11B US Version Nissan Rogue Sport Compact Crossover | Nissan USA - https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/crossovers-suvs/rogue-sport.html

QQ J11A US Version : https://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam/Nissan/us/vehicle-brochures/2018-5/2018-nissan-roguesport-en.pdf

Regarding buying from a “Rental” Company some are good, some not so good regarding the Upkeep of the vehicles Servicing etc. as you have already found a Dirty Filter and it would appear a Full Service would be worthwhile, so extra work for your boyfriend but most probably well worth it - Enjoy Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Enterprise Rentals (from US) exists in UK and for quite some years. I have used them a few times. There are many Nissan Rogue videos on Youtube but not sure they get into the dirty bits....much.

As Dave says the Rogue engine seems to be 2L with a CVT auto gearbox. I expect the rest of the car is common to our Qashqai as it makes no sense to re-invent anything special.

Nissan USA describes the heritage here:

https://www.nissanusa.com/experience-nissan/news-and-events/nissan-qashqai.html

There is also an interesting Nissan Juke following in the US....the Juke is sold here in UK and again may have similarities. Maybe none?

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
SommerGirl

Post by SommerGirl »

Thank you so much for the response and the references! I checked the VIN when I was thinking of making the purchase. Mine entered service in March. 2019, so I assume it was made sometime shortly before then. He's since gone through the vehicle and we made a few improvements. We now have LED low beams (a BIG improvement over the old bulbs), and an LED dome light (nice when I get in at night - the old bulb was so dim I couldn't see much in the back seat). His next 'chore' will be the cabin air filter. Since we live in an area of snow and rain, we added aftermarket floor mats (really nice and they hold the melted snow and water quite well). There were two items missing from the car, which we found after we got it home - the tow eye and a little metal button that holds up one side of the top tray that sits in the plastic on the inside of the back hatch and is used to clip a cord from tray so it will go up when the hatch is raised. I stopped at my Nissan dealer and talked to the man in the Parts Department - even he couldn't find it in the diagrams he had. BUMMER! The Owners Manual for the US model leaves LOTS to be desired and seems to direct you back to the dealer for just about anything. So much of what's printed about things like some of the features and additional accessories says 'if installed' and you have to determine if you have it or not! :roll:

This is the first 'smart car' I've owned and the first thing I did was pair my phone to the Nissan Connect feature (I am A GIRL, after all, and couldn't really function without my phone, my contact list, and my playlist!). This is a big improvement over the old 'hands-free' I had in my old car (a 2007 Jeep).

On the 'extra work' for him - well, he gets paid, but in anything he can spend at the local stores, you understand... :oops:

Again - thanks for the references and I will be checking them as I go along.
Live, Love, Laugh, Drive!
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

If your slave is extra mechanically inclined he maybe interested in this site...as linked below. Many technical Nissan Qashqai diagnosis/repair documents which may help...a bit? J11 is the car generic type which is likely yours. There is an earlier J10 here in UK. The J11 is of subtypes J11a and J11b. J11b here is termed a facelift car from about 2017. Yours may be classed as J11b and that continues to date (2020) here

https://cardiagn.com/nissan-qashqai-model-j11series-service-repair-manual/

Our US/Canada printed electronic (pdf) Qashqai User Manual uses the term "where fitted". I work on the same principle... do the work and buy the toys and vice versa.....it makes so much sense.

What snowy state are you in?
Last edited by calnorth on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

In general the USA is about a year tor two behind in terms of comparison between the Rogue Sport and the European Qashqai. The facelift was thus more recent over there.

For example this article dated January 2019 - https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2019-nissan-rogue-sport-new-car-review-281474979905270 - shows the pre-Facelift car - whereas the facelifted car was introduced in the UK in 2017.

The equivalent MY2020 article shows the facelifted one - https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2020-nissan-rogue-sport-review-281474979978996
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Welcome to the house of fun.

As my old chemistry professor once told me "there are no stupid questions" and the knowledgeable folks on here are very useful.

Enjoy the car.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
SommerGirl

Post by SommerGirl »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! There's so much to read and learn about this car. My boyfriend told me to be careful - he warned me about buying a car smarter than I am! :lol:

Damn! There are so many things about this vehicle I'll have to get used to and learn about. The diagrams are really neat and the instructions on how to take stuff off and put it back on will be his to play with.

But thanks to all who responded and I'll keep checking back!
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Can you please confirm which version you have? Your signature might have to change.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
SommerGirl

Post by SommerGirl »

Hi, gloucester - not sure what you mean. I have a USA Rogue Sport model S with AWD.