Hello, All!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Since you have a 2019 Rogue I assume you are covered by a 3 year warranty? In your car documents.

If you get a chance can you tell us what make of 12v Battery is installed. We've had severe battery problems in UK from production.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Yes - but if you look at the two links above is the front end like this:

... or this:

Your signature presently implies the latter.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
SommerGirl

Post by SommerGirl »

On the battery question, I had Rob pull the black plastic air intake assembly off last evening (after a bit of cajoling as he said it was a positive dog to get back on) and it's a Nissan/Renault battery. In getting the air intake assembly back on, he seems to have broken about half of the side clip that holds it to the front piece. It's in place but not as smooth as it was, with a slight gap where the rear section mounts to the front section. To fill the gap, he used some Gorilla tape to ensure there were no gaps between the sections. I did get a rather accusatory stare from him when I pointed out that the clip was broken by his ham-handed treatment of my car!

On the front end, mine is very much like the first picture, without fog lights, which don't come as standard for the model S. Do you know if the wiring for them is still there? If so, I might be able to get a set and have him hook them up (once he starts talking to me again - he's still a bit miffed at me for the comment about his ham-handed ways!).

image2a.jpeg

Live, Love, Laugh, Drive!
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Its my fault for asking but you don't have the bad battery supplied to us (FIAMM Italy)...good!

Look into the Exterior Lighting System diagram I linked to above. If its an option it could be that wiring is there as standard.

I just noticed that earlier Rogue diagrams are listed here: (circa 2016 etc)

https://cardiagn.com/2016-nissan-rogue-service-repair-manual-sm16ea0t32u0/

Theres a bunch of stuff (info/links) on the Rogue wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Rogue
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
SommerGirl

Post by SommerGirl »

I'm glad the battery question is settled! The last time I had a battery installed, it was at a parts store (our AutoZone) and I had to sweet talk the guy who changed it out for me to remove a small piece that covered the battery. For this one, I would have to pull the air intake assembly off myself in the parking lot or have Rob do it (that is if he was talking to me by that time and available). :lol:
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sommergirl, more work for Rob I hope he is getting Fed & Watered for his work 😂. IMHO I would assume that the Wiring Loom is a Std Fitment to minimise costs but I could be wrong. Take a look at this US Attachment which mentions the Rogue whether it is the older US version I am not sure, but it does mention a pull out plug so it might be worth a read and a try, it also seems there are other considerations if you read it - hope it helps Dave 🤗

It appears you have the Older QQ Version referred to as the J11A.
The Batteries installed on our new QQ is a German Varta Battery which apparently is a Big improvement.

I just got a new Nissan Rogue. It did not come with fog lights installed on it. I looked underneath the front conners, : https://www.justanswer.com/nissan/5i765-just-new-nissan-rogue-not-fog-lights.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Dave...that link comes up on Doctors and Nurses....?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Coiln, I am not sure if this is your humor ☹️ But this is what I get on my iPad, perhaps I have lost it - Dave 😉
If it does not work then Sorry !

F5605275-A1E4-44A5-959C-C1F7F4D5624F.png

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Seriously Dave ...I get Meet the Experts and doctors and Nurses...no matter though
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
SommerGirl

Post by SommerGirl »

:oops: You guys are funny! Doctors and Nurses - sounds pretty raunchy to me - I know those sites exist and Rob has a few of them on his laptop and I must admit - I peeked at them :oops: but it did lead to some 'interesting' results, which have nothing whatsoever to do with my Rogue Sport! But it did lead to the 'feed and watering' aspect quite nicely!

BTW - I did fix the type of vehicle I have - it isn't the 'facelift' kind. We're still in the older version over here but it's a lot more car than some of the other crossovers that are being marketed by the big names. It will see a dealer only if/when I need warranty service - the routine stuff will be by a trusted repair shop that caters to people in my profession (LEO). Rob can do the routine stuff, like add things I want and won't require him to take lots of stuff off the car, but everything else goes to the repair shop. The dealer will try to upsell me every time I come in - new brakes, new wipers, new filters, which I hate.