Monkey Vs Door Handle

Bodywork & Interior problems
SommerGirl
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SommerGirl »

Thanks, Dave. I'm going to order the stainless steel version. These come with the little piece to block the IK hole. Since I have the S model of the Rogue Sport, it doesn't have the IK option, which I much appreciate. Over here, we have gangs that operate scanners to read the codes your fob throws and wait till you're away from the car to open the locks. Then they rifle through your vehicle and take whatever they can find. If they have the time, they'll even steal your airbags.

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/download/file.php?mode=view&id=7707

stolen-airbags.jpg

Live, Love, Laugh, Drive!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sommergirl, if you have time then take a long read of this post on Intelligent Key Problems, if interested - Dave 🤨

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5973&start=50
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
SommerGirl

Post by SommerGirl »

Thanks! I really like the way that looks and ordered a set, without the IK hole (mine doesn't have that feature) and will install them when they come in. They will complement the chrome edge guards I have on all the doors (front and back). I usually use the U channel type of door guard but the front doors have such a thick edge that the U channel types can't be applied, so I went with one made for tight doors that is applied to the very back edge of the door on the outside. These keep you from chipping the paint at the door edge when you open it and hit something like that dumba*s that pulled in 6 inches from you in the car park!

I find that some people don't actually PARK their cars - they sort of aim for the spot and, if it's out of traffic and they can get their door open, it must be all good! :roll:
SommerGirl

Post by SommerGirl »

Finished it and it looks just fine! I did find that the tape they provide is rather thin and flat, so I beefed it up with a slightly wider and thicker 3M tape that really bonds to the existing door handle. Didn't have that issue with the covers for the buttons in front to the handle - these snapped right on and look like they're going to stay there for good.