CoronaVirus - Car Cleanliness

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

We all know the effect this CoronaVirus is having on life World Wide and it appears Cleanliness is one of the important actions to be considered. When you sneeze for example whilst driving you normally see the effect after on the Steering Wheel. I have just read this article and looking after yourself or at home is a must, but the car I must admit I did not really consider. This article is from the Mail but to me of interest - Keep Safe & Stay Healthy Dave

“With the spread of coronavirus restricting most Britons to home, it's become essential for people to keep their houses scrupulously clean. However, the same level of attention also needs to be paid to your car if you intend to use it for unavoidable travel requirements. There are multiple surfaces in vehicles that need special attention - 40 in fact, according to Toyota...”
Toyota UK's professional vehicle detailer gives his top tips for what to do

The 40 parts of your car to clean to kill germs : https://mol.im/a/8144015
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Need drive thru supermarkets? Online Home Delivery and Click & Collect has failed so likely drive thru won't work. Logistics cannot keep up as regards topping up distributed stores. Bog paper rolls sold off within 1 hour of delivery....almost. Tinned and frozen veg wiped out. So we keep having to return to the Stores to check for such things...stupid stuff.

Shopping Basket Trolleys (handles anywhere)
ATMs (press buttons anywhere)

I'm going to a UK hospital today...wife needs repairs. Will we survive?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Noddy1875
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Noddy1875 »

But if you're not allowed out of the house, how do you clean your car ?
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
irononreverse

Post by irononreverse »

Noddy1875 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:53 pm But if you're not allowed out of the house, how do you clean your car ?
This can be your one period of exercise
2018 Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

There are more and more articles appearing related to the Cleanliness of the Interior of Cars. Regarding Car Washing, I am not sure if the Automatic Washes here are open. But definitely here you cannot use Cleaning Materials (Shampoos) to wash your car on the street / house, you have to use a Car Wash Facility Area. Here also I have never seen a Supermarket Cleaners Setup, guaranteed they are not allowed because of the chemicals used getting into the water system.
Is it OK to clean your car in the U.K. for example in your Garage Way during the Lock Down or is this classed as leaving your house ? - Keep Safe Dave 🙂

Reducing the spread of coronavirus: Cleaning your car | Auto Trader UK : https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/fe ... g-your-car
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Dave...we can do much what we want on our own property. Off property we need to be 2mtrs separated except for family members. I'll have to look at my car cleaning stuff as regards chemical safety. Cleaning cars roadside is common..perhaps not at the moment.

Self employed are still out there installing/fixing stuff. Separation rule applies.

The hospital I went to yesterday kept me (riding shotgun) away from any clinical area. It was too warm in there anyway so I went and wandered...all pubs shut.. :roll:

Roads are near empty...absolutely fantastic. However, there are those who are driving dangerously here and there...BMW/Audi/Porsche.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

Cleaned the car yesterday, inside; and washed the outside. So got two forms of exercise yesterday
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Colin, thanks for that info’, I hope the Wife was OK. I have just found this again Sorry but the Mail, but it is a pretty good overview of what is allowed and what to be careful with, but again no real mention of Auto Washes - Dave 😏

We reveal what motorists need to know during the coronavirus pandemic : https://mol.im/a/8147103

I think at present the days of Car Washing are numbered but it could be possible to start a new hobby with the QQ - Creating Art 😂 there is a Russian Guy that uses his talents on Dirty Trucks so why not QQ’s :

“Russian artist uses dirty cars and trucks as canvases for his creations. He doesn’t usually ask for permission to create his new work of art. This way his art isn’t very long lasting however its pretty stunning. Nikita Golubev is an artist and illustrator based in Moscow, Russia. The talented artist explores a number of mediums such as painting, drawing, digital art and interestingly even the surface of a dirty car.”

D13841B9-018B-4230-A9E3-3BFAEE58F1A8.jpeg

E462E0B0-7A6D-43BC-96D3-7F26A2EC9A74.jpeg

irononreverse

Post by irononreverse »

Just think of all the scratches he's making, smearing that diet and dust across the paintwork
2018 Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Dave...the chemicals declaration is about eyes/skin and treatment is water washout. Not sure what the water authorities state but car cleaning products are never mentioned publicly...as detergents various. I should think most of this stuff dissolves to not much in bulk water and process. Whereas petroleum products/acids/paints etc are a menace anywhere.

The rivers in UK are very much improved but I suspect there are some right twots...in places. I watched the River Severn last week, close by. That was in full speed scouring mode. So I'd expect any crap in it is now somewhere halfway across the Atlantic?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta