2015 Qashqai Aircon issues

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
JohnDavid
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JohnDavid »

Hey all!

First post on here. I’ve had my 2015 QQ Tekna for around 18months. Bought it at Bristol Street as a used vehicle and paid for 3yrs warranty.

So, I’ve noticed that since the hot weather, the A/C is not blowing out any cold air. I’ve had it looked at by a mobile Aircon technician who’s advised that there’s a leak and needs a new condenser....costing £380. So I called the warranty company who can’t confirm if it’ll be covered as their staff are currently furloughed. So I called Bristol Street to see if they knew and they said they’d have to have it in, and it’d potentially cost £99 to be looked at and if it was covered in the warranty then I wouldn’t have to pay. (I’ve already paid the mobile technician £49 for his diagnosis).

So, my question is, if I do get it checked out by Bristol street, what’s the likelyhood of it being covered in the warranty I bought with them on a used car. The booklet given to me doesn’t say anything on there about it being excluded, but I’m sure you know they’ll try to get out of paying up. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers 👍🏼

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

JohnDavid, firstly welcome to the Forum. Attached is one of the longest Posts on the Air Con Problem which is most probably advisable to read as you should have the feedback to tackle your Dealer. This problem was and still is it appears a Major Nissan Quality Problem which we also had and was repaired under Guarantee.
You are obviously out of the Nissan Guarantee so you either have to push for a “Goodwill” effort or your new used Car Guarantee. If the Mobile Guy found a Leak then that is it a Replacement is due - Good Luck Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&hilit=Air+con ... 280#p75989
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here is the latest post with a contact address, price etc. from “Smiley” for Information - Dave 🤨

“Just an update on my AC issue. Yesterday I had the failed condenser replaced by a company advertising the J11 condenser replacement on EBAY. He (Coolcon Ltd) quoted £280 & stuck to that price to. A very knowledgeable & friendly chap. The condenser also has a 2 year warranty on it. I can’t recommend this Fella enough. I dropped the car off at 9:30 & had a call at 1 o’clock to say it was ready. Interesting though, he showed me the old condenser & explained that mine leaked in the normal area of other Qashqai’s & there was no physical damage apparent, so obviously is a manufacturing fault with them as previously discussed. Happy now to have icy cold Aircon again.”

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9695#p76176
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
JohnDavid

Post by JohnDavid »

Thanks guys for the help.

I’ve had some progress. I tweeted the company (They seems to respond much better on this platform)and advised me that if there is no stone damage then it would be covered under the warranty. So, just need that confirming, (after reading all about the issues on here I’m hoping it won’t be), I’ll be not so out of pocket. I’ll keep you posted!
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Mine was replaced under warranty
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
dfc794

Post by dfc794 »

Hi, I am from Sweden.
The cold disappeared after 18 months, and is repaired under warranty.
Now after 5 years it is the same problem.
On the first warm day there is no cold.
What do you do?
The car has gone 17,000 miles
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

dFC794, firstly Welcome to the Forum. It would appear you are stuck now with the QQ being out of Guarantee, it looks like you will have to foot the Bill for the repair. Perhaps Nissan Sweden might help if as is well known this was a Major Nissan Quality Problem. Try approaching the Dealer & Nissan Sweden and state your concerns, it is worth a try - Dave 😉
JohnDavid

Post by JohnDavid »

Hey guys!

I’ve had a new aircon condenser fitted at my local garage...the cost was £370, however, I’m hoping the warranty people (Vertu) will pay out as there is no stone damage. I’m awaiting a reply from them, so hopefully it’ll be good news....as I know these warranties are sometimes not worth the paper they’re written on. Waiting patiently for their reply and/or money in my bank.
JohnDavid

Post by JohnDavid »

Vertu warranty have agreed to pay for the repair! I thought they’d try to wriggle out of it but was clear from the pictures taken it wasn’t stone damage. 👍🏼
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

JohnDavid wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:39 pm Thanks guys for the help.

I’ve had some progress. I tweeted the company (They seems to respond much better on this platform)and advised me that if there is no stone damage then it would be covered under the warranty. So, just need that confirming, (after reading all about the issues on here I’m hoping it won’t be), I’ll be not so out of pocket. I’ll keep you posted!
Good News...What did you mean by this exactly?

(They seems to respond much better on this platform)
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta