Chassis control system fault

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
-JT-
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by -JT- »

Good afternoon all. First post here and I have read a lot regarding this fault and a possible fix being the pressure sensor pipe.

My question is:

I have the 1.2 Dig T version that is displaying all the classics (system chassis fault/Auto on off fault etc). Does the 1.2 engine have the same pipe in the same location as detailed earlier in the thread or being a petrol engine, does it differ in anyway.

Thanks for all the info you have all provided so far.

Regards,

JT

lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

No the 1.2 doesnt have the exhaust manifold pressure pipe or sensor. ABS light on by any chance?
-JT-

Post by -JT- »

No other lights shown. All the lights lead me to this thread and I was sure this was going to be the problem. Oh well.

Dealer has had it and couldn’t find the fault
2 other garages also couldn’t find the fault

Not sure what else to try now.
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

Dealer couldn't find it? Did they supply you with a fault code read out from consult? Probably got given to the apprentice or something who just shrugged his shoulders and then service manager just threw it out and charged you an hours diagnostics, happens all too often mate.

You need a fault read out for atleast a direction what to look at when it comes to lights coming on the dash
-JT-

Post by -JT- »

First time I took it to them (under advise from dealer I got the car from) they said all errors were past errors and the warning lights are no longer there.

I picked the vehicle up, drove it the 3 miles home and guess what... as I parked they all came back on again. Got it back to them the next day and they are saying they cant find anything wrong and no fault codes!

I picked it up and thought I would give it a good drive as I know it was sat at the dealers for a little while before I bought it so wanted to give it a good drive in.

Drove the car for 50 miles and it was great, smooth and a joy to drive. Came to a stop at a set of traffic lights and blam! These all appeared as I was driving it back home.

https://imgur.com/a/1wsVZYy
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

If the lights are coming up then there is a fault in the system, theres many things that can cause these faults one of them being something as silly as low brake fluid,

Low brake fluid will set a fault in the abs module which will turn on the anti skid light then the collisions system will set a fault because theres a fault in the abs/esp.

I'm not saying that's your problem but that's just one example that I have come across before and can be as silly as that.

You need to get yourself the read outs from the diagnostic machine otherwise there just warning lights with no hint of why.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

If the Stability light showed permanently at an MOT then the car would be failed. Your picture shows solid evidence of a vehicle running in an unsafe state where it will not extinguish the ESP light.

Its a safety issue so call the garage and tell them that your concern is safety and compliance to the law (MOT).

As Lewis say it could be a number of things to which diagnostic results and careful inspection should resolve...PDQ.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
-JT-

Post by -JT- »

Since my last post the car has been back to the dealers and they identified a fault with the ABS module which they will be replacing in the coming days.

I will update once completed and hopefully that will be the end of that!

Thanks,

JT
diamata

Post by diamata »

Had the same problem for a long time. Today, I had driven the car 5 hours on the motoway to and from Gatwick Airport, so thought would help to clear the exhaust gas pressure pipe but errors were still showing. So, today I decided to fix the problem myself.

I removed the Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor, started the engine and there were little gasses flowing out from the pipe. I turned off the engine, then sprayed DW 40 into the pipe and waited for 90 minutes.

Using a bike brake cable I bought from Amazon, shoved it down the pipe. It took a while to get through but in the end it went all the way down. I pulled the cable up and it was all black! I shoved it back for a couple of times; this time the cable went in a bit easy.

I took the cable out and started the engine. I revved the engine and could see black stuff/smoke coming out of the pipe until it was clear. I comfirmed the gasses were flowing with high pressure using my finger. I refitted the sensor and cleared the errors with fault code reader. I turned on the engine and there were no more warnings on display.

Hopeful this will fix the problem. Thanks for everyone for sharing this simple fix as people are being ripped for this. Save money!
Now: 2021 Qashqai Premiere Edition 1.3 DIG-T MHEV - Manual
Before: 2014 Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.5 Diesel – Manual
Previous: 2007 Qashqai Acenta 1.5 Diesel – Manual
LouCoop

Post by LouCoop »

Hello,

I've seamed to run into the same problem, I've got a 2014 qashqai. Extremely low mileage at just over 37000 miles.
Just last week the car came to a stop with a engine light on the dash along with chassis control system fault.

Breakdown came and said it could be the fuel filter.
Got the car home, changed the inline fuel filter and air filter and still nothing.
The car wants to start, its making all the effort to start, but it won't.

Has anyone else managed to get this fixed?