Change lights UK > EU Spec (Tekna LED)

Bodywork & Interior problems
dfcsl
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by dfcsl »

dfcsl wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:41 pm
dfcsl wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:57 pm
calnorth wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:27 am Oh...forgot the Fog Lamp. Was checking mine yesterday for single or 2 Fogs...just one.

You'd think that production would not make such exceptions and its simply a swap over of a bulb. Just trying logic here.

So.. if we visit Europe in the fog and switch our RHD Fog lamp on...do we get Europe plod round our necks?

Don't think we have anything special as regards diagrams for Tekna...or N-connecta for that matter. Will check now for info:

Further. If you find a Fog bulb socket present and the bulb doesn't illuminate it maybe that a link wire is required. Diagram below shows a wiring config at B6 and D78. Which indicates RHD/LHD options I think?

Thanks for the diagram, looking at that it indicates B24 on the left side and D78 on the right side, hopefully it is totally wired for it
i´ll be able to confirm after i´ve got that panel off, hopefully this weekend.

Cheers!
I managed to get the interior boot panel off this afternoon and there is indeed a bulb holder there. I looked through the bulb holder and there is no hole for the bulb though.... lol. So I drilled that out and no problem at all, just a thick plastic (the backside of the LED light, the silver part) - once I started drilling it popped out rather than drilled out so it was obviously "precut" ready to be popped out - I changed the bulb over to the left side, extended the cables over from the existing on the right and job is complete. At least that part is sorted.

FWIW - The interior boot panel was easier than I expected, was careful with the clips that are on the inside, a few were slightly bruised but all back together, and the bulb on the correct side, now satisfying EU standard.

Finally, as for the cables being on the left side, it was not obvious so instead of breaking into the loom there I extended the cables over from the right.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Yep...the diagram is misleading at the bulb representation. Its not L & R...its L or R
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
kencameron
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by kencameron »

Can anyone tell me if I have adjustable headlights for RHD to LHD. I have a Jan 2016 reg N Tec with Xenon LED lights I want to put onto Spanish plates.
Megga expensive to replace headlights, but been quoted 120 euro,s a light to convert to flat beam. Is this legal ??
regards
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

kencameron wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:33 am Can anyone tell me if I have adjustable headlights for RHD to LHD. I have a Jan 2016 reg N Tec with Xenon LED lights I want to put onto Spanish plates.
Megga expensive to replace headlights, but been quoted 120 euro,s a light to convert to flat beam. Is this legal ??
regards
The dipped (LO) beam cut offs are critical and not adjustable.

Never heard of flat beam other than perhaps the old business of taping/blanking the lamp lens glass. Our headlamps don't have lenses like that. I'm not sure about the law on this for RHD cars in LHD countries....visit. And theirs in ours. Perhaps the internal reflector area is being blacked somehow? Whats the link to your flat beam conversion. Registration/Testing in Spain would fail if the lamp structure was defective...is no longer an E mark or safety type.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I wonder about the availability of the correct headlamp unit in a Spanish (French, Italian, German, Portuguese, etc, etc.) breaker’s yards or eBay
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)