FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
1gr8dane
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by 1gr8dane »

HI. I have the firmware file for version D407. But when I try to install it it fails about 68% of the way through. the screen goes blank and it starts over.
It must be an older version of the failed system software in my Nissan Connect, because during he install i can see that the system version displayed at the top is: AI_PRJ_NISSAN_LCN2KAI_I3.14V40
The original was: AI_PRJ_NISSAN_LCN2KAI_I3.16V01
I do not know what file version the original was. Does anyone know of a newer version and where to get it?

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

D605 is the last version that came out last year. And can be downloaded in this thread 😁
1gr8dane

Post by 1gr8dane »

Hi andy2019.
Can you tell me who posted the link to D605. I have been gong through the long thread, but must have missed it. :-(
Regards. 1gr8dane
1gr8dane

Post by 1gr8dane »

Never mind.
I just found a post that said it is on page 44 and found it.
Now if it will just install. More late.
Regards. 1gr8dane
1gr8dane

Post by 1gr8dane »

OK, so I downloaded the D605 firmware and unzipped it to a 16 GB USB stick. Followed the procedure in service bulletin NTB15-011b , which explains how to apply a system update, though an older version. The system recognise the update and starts the install, copies and validates ok, then starts executing scripts.
About 60% through it executes a script that I think say something like check noaFS. Then the screen goes blank and it starts the install over. This will repeat.
Now I am wondering if the script is expecting a NOrth American File System, when mine is a European model.
Does anyone have an idea, or where to get a firmware for European models. if that is what is required?
Regards. 1gr8dane

PS. the system it tries to install is: AI_PRJ_NISSAN_LCN2KAI_I3.30V06
diamata

Post by diamata »

1gr8dane wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:57 pm OK, so I downloaded the D605 firmware and unzipped it to a 16 GB USB stick. Followed the procedure in service bulletin NTB15-011b , which explains how to apply a system update, though an older version. The system recognise the update and starts the install, copies and validates ok, then starts executing scripts.
About 60% through it executes a script that I think say something like check noaFS. Then the screen goes blank and it starts the install over. This will repeat.
Now I am wondering if the script is expecting a NOrth American File System, when mine is a European model.
Does anyone have an idea, or where to get a firmware for European models. if that is what is required?
Regards. 1gr8dane

PS. the system it tries to install is: AI_PRJ_NISSAN_LCN2KAI_I3.30V06
My UK 64 plate had same problems discussed by other members here. Checked the firmware version and it was D302. So last Sunday I downloaded D605 shared by steevie at page 44 of this thread.

Unzipped it to a 16 GB USB stick and followed the procedure in service bulletin NTB15-011b. Initially, it wouldn't download and gave me this message: "Download is not possible because media is not suitable for this device. Please use NissanConnect software download image only".

Googled around and found the mistake I did. When you put firmware on the USB stick, make sure you copy the contents of the folder right onto the root of drive, something which I didn't. For example, if your USB stick is drive G:, all the files should be on G:\ and not in G:\Nissan_Connect. If you look at the USB stick there should be 15 files and maybe a folder and not just a single folder. Also, there must be nothing else on that drive before you copied stuff on to it.

Followed this and firmware D605 was installed just fine without problems. There are three BIN file: reg_eur.tar.gz.bin, reg_gom.tar.gz.bin and reg._nar.tar.gz.bin. My car is European model and noted the the script installing the reg_eur.tar.gz.bin. It took quite few minutes to install this as is a big file. I didnt install the other two. Overall, the whole installation took about 55 minutes. My car was stationed with hazard ligits on. Then drove the car on M1 for 40 minutes and the much annoying problem is fixed. Thank you steevie for sharing the update.

If your car is European model I am curious to know why the script would not finish. Check if there are 15 files and one folder in the USB stick. The folder should have one file in it. If it doesnt work try to dowload the firmware again and format the stick to FAT32. Untick "Quick Format" on the format options.
Now: 2021 Qashqai Premiere Edition 1.3 DIG-T MHEV - Manual
Before: 2014 Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.5 Diesel – Manual
Previous: 2007 Qashqai Acenta 1.5 Diesel – Manual
qashmash
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by qashmash »

hello,

I have a QQ 2017 facelift J11.

I am looking for an updated firmware version for my nissan connect unit
Software F16A
Hardware 038
serialnumber 0832897

Is there a new version and where can I download it?

I only found this source so far:
https://oss.bosch-cm.com/nissan_content.html

thanks for your help!
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

There is no update for that 2017 configuration. Appears to be the end of the line for the Connecta system. It'll be left in an untidy state by the looks of things?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

I have the Software D605 (from the Page 44 link) downloaded on to a 64Gb USB Stick. Currently I have D502 installed with hardware 033. I get the "Download is not possible because media is not suitable for this device. Please use NissanConnect software download image only" warning. Is this likely to be an issue with the USB Stick ? Maybe the formatting or something ? Does the structure look normal ? thanks for any help.

USB Stick.JPG

Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Saudistu wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:39 pm I have the Software D605 (from the Page 44 link) downloaded on to a 64Gb USB Stick. Currently I have D502 installed with hardware 033. I get the "Download is not possible because media is not suitable for this device. Please use NissanConnect software download image only" warning. Is this likely to be an issue with the USB Stick ? Maybe the formatting or something ? Does the structure look normal ? thanks for any help.
That error says the media type is not suitable. I could not get a USB stick above 16GB to be recognised and thats just for music. Only FAT32 works at that, so its a dinosaur system.

If your software is ok then it should load once the right size + format USB stick is used. See what others here who have done it say.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta