FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Saudistu wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:39 pm I have the Software D605 (from the Page 44 link) downloaded on to a 64Gb USB Stick. Currently I have D502 installed with hardware 033. I get the "Download is not possible because media is not suitable for this device. Please use NissanConnect software download image only" warning. Is this likely to be an issue with the USB Stick ? Maybe the formatting or something ? Does the structure look normal ? thanks for any help.
USB Stick.JPG
files are correct what you have in the pic, use a 16gb usb stick and format it to fat32 will take 50mins in install in car so a nice long drive and it`s job done :D

Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

I figured it would be the USB stick. I have ordered a smaller one just for this job. I do have a 64Gb stick which has all my MP3 stuff on and works fine, but I seem to remember I had to use some other program to format it to the required format for NissanConnect. Thanks for the confirmation.

Can I drive whilst it is being updated ? On Wednesday I have a 4 hour drive back to work. It would be good to do it during the drive to save wasting petrol (I don’t want to risk it just with the Hazards on and Battery only).
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

calnorth wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:19 pm
Saudistu wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:39 pm I have the Software D605 (from the Page 44 link) downloaded on to a 64Gb USB Stick. Currently I have D502 installed with hardware 033. I get the "Download is not possible because media is not suitable for this device. Please use NissanConnect software download image only" warning. Is this likely to be an issue with the USB Stick ? Maybe the formatting or something ? Does the structure look normal ? thanks for any help.
That error says the media type is not suitable. I could not get a USB stick above 16GB to be recognised and thats just for music. Only FAT32 works at that, so its a dinosaur system.

If your software is ok then it should load once the right size + format USB stick is used. See what others here who have done it say.
Thanks calnorth. For info, I have a 64 Gb stick running with my music on. I needed a special software to format it though. I will try to find out what I used.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Saudistu wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:14 am I figured it would be the USB stick. I have ordered a smaller one just for this job. I do have a 64Gb stick which has all my MP3 stuff on and works fine, but I seem to remember I had to use some other program to format it to the required format for NissanConnect. Thanks for the confirmation.

Can I drive whilst it is being updated ? On Wednesday I have a 4 hour drive back to work. It would be good to do it during the drive to save wasting petrol (I don’t want to risk it just with the Hazards on and Battery only).
Running the engine while updating firmware is the same as mains powering a PC/Laptop when updating Windows. Its the way to avoid the Battery failing part way thru the firmware update. The essence is to keep the engine running just in case the Car Battery fails until the update finishes.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Saudistu wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:18 am
That error says the media type is not suitable. I could not get a USB stick above 16GB to be recognised and thats just for music. Only FAT32 works at that, so its a dinosaur system.

If your software is ok then it should load once the right size + format USB stick is used. See what others here who have done it say.
Thanks calnorth. For info, I have a 64 Gb stick running with my music on. I needed a special software to format it though. I will try to find out what I used.
Let us know what the special software is please.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Saudistu wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:14 am I figured it would be the USB stick. I have ordered a smaller one just for this job. I do have a 64Gb stick which has all my MP3 stuff on and works fine, but I seem to remember I had to use some other program to format it to the required format for NissanConnect. Thanks for the confirmation.

yes drive while it`s updateing you`ll be fine. no special software needed to format new usb just plug it into your windows laptop/pc open up the usb folder right click on mouse select format change the file system to fat 32 in the format menu and it`s job done :D
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

calnorth wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:37 am
Saudistu wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:18 am

Let us know what the special software is please.
Try this one:

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index. ... format.htm

I can't remember if it is the one I used as it is three years ago, but this will format larger Memory USB Sticks in FAT32.
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

andy2019 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:00 pm

yes drive while it`s updateing you`ll be fine. no special software needed to format new usb just plug it into your windows laptop/pc open up the usb folder right click on mouse select format change the file system to fat 32 in the format menu and it`s job done :D
Thanks. I will give it a go. I read somewhere that FAT16 is the normal Format, and as I have got a 4GB Stick coming I will try that first.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Saudistu wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:47 pm

Thanks. I will give it a go. I read somewhere that FAT16 is the normal Format, and as I have got a 4GB Stick coming I will try that first.
FAT16 is MSDOS and originates in 1984. Don't think Nissan is that much of a dinosaur, so I'd keep to FAT32 as its the most widely compatible FAT system.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

calnorth wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:13 pm
Saudistu wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:47 pm

FAT16 is MSDOS and originates in 1984. Don't think Nissan is that much of a dinosaur, so I'd keep to FAT32 as its the most widely compatible FAT system.
Thanks for that. I have just uploaded my new POI File on the 64Gb reformatted to FAT32 with the Software I mentioned. I am going to see if the D605 will load now. If it does, great. I only wasted 4 Euro on a 4Gb one from amazon :)