New owner

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sara05
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Sara05 »

*desperate for help*
Hi, I got our 2016 QashQai last April and so far it’s just the worst 😣 but what’s making it unbearable is the fact that the connection between car and phone keeps randomly changing! I just wondered if anyone could help me please? I just want to be able to play podcasts through the car but it just won’t work sometime and other time it might work for a few minutes then cut out! I use the USB port in the centre panel. If I disconnect the nissanconnect app, it will only play via Bluetooth but it won’t if I plug my phone in so I can’t charge it or if I have nc connected then it will only play if plugged in but only sometime 🤯🤯🤯 oh please help me somebody 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Thank you 😊

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Overall the Nissan Connect box for media is pretty poor. CD/USB Dongle/Aux and Bluetooth Phone calls only.

2016 car...mines 2017 and that Nissan Connect App doesn't work. Nissan have abandoned it...no support.

Are you downloading podcasts to the phone..or attempting to listen live from the phone and expecting it over the car hifi?

I've never tried connecting a phone as a media device over USB because of the Nissan App problem.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Sara05

Post by Sara05 »

They are just on my podcast app, it’s never worked consistently though and yes I agree the whole thing is rubbish 😒 totally regret choosing this car and the fact I can’t listen to what I want either is going to make the next 3 years incredibly long 😡
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Try starting the car.
Unlock your phone.
Plug into USB.

Long winded and boring but if that gets you a good connection then it’s worth the effort.

Secondly, when you go for a service (I guess you must be due as you are just over 12 months - assuming "last April" was 2019) insist that they double check your software and firmware versions and ensure they are up to date.
Ensure your phone is on the latest version of its operating system.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Sara05

Post by Sara05 »

Yep, I do that as sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t 🤦🏼‍♀️ It does need booking for a service so I will get them to check that thank you. Can’t wait for this lease to be over 😡