Slight noise - CVT / Xtronic 2015

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Qashqainewbie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashqainewbie »

Hi,

New here and unsure how this all works so apologies in advance.

I have bought my first Qashqai on a 2015 plate.. Xtronic / CVT version. First time I have owned a Qashqai let alone a Nissan but enjoying it so far however....

When accelerating at low speeds, there is a faint rubbing metal noise (only way I can describe it) and only occurs when accelerating. Garage (dealership) have had a look today and changed the pads as they thought it may have been that however, the guy who I passed my keys to this morning said that it could be a recycling valve of somewhat which has been rectified on newer models. How true who knows !
Can hear it more with windows closed and higher speeds, it seems to fade out.

Has anyone had this issue ? Car has done around 16500 miles. Five years old. Only occurs when accelerating and accelerator us at a certain point. Take my foot off and it disappears.

Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Xtronic CVT

Any ideas or if this is normal would be great. If there is a 'common issue' can it be fixed ? Would like to get back to the dealer if there is a common issue but appreciate that the recycling valve may not be entirely true.

Seems to only do it around 0 to 35 mph before fading away

Thanks all :D

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Haven't a clue sorry - but I presume "recycling valve" might mean "Exhaust Gas Recirculating valve". Might need cleaning?

Let's hope someone with a clue drops in soon...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Qashqainewbie

Post by Qashqainewbie »

Thanks Gloucester. Big help and closer to the mystery. Hopefully a few more posts will give me something to go back to the dealership with rather than them batting me back. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad noise but as I know it's there, I want rid of the noise if it's not normal.
Only had it a week so at least I am covered if there is anything else that needs doing. The car itself is great though :)

It was strange when the guy mentioned about the recycling valve and apparently nissan fixed it on the newer models. Who knows !

Thanks again.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi & Welcome. Take a read of this article it might help to understand the functioning - Dave 😊

How to Quickly Spot the Symptoms of a Failing EGR Valve : https://www.stoneacre.co.uk/blog/egr-valve
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

To say that something has been corrected in later cars has no value really. That would indicate some sort of design, production or wear out failure which would be a known. It discounts anything safety or law related and sends us on wild goose chases.

Most of us could only guess at this and thats no use. You need to get onto the seller to solve it...without guessing.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Qashqainewbie

Post by Qashqainewbie »

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

Bought it from Nissan dealership.

Booked it in there back end of last week and they said it was the pads so they changed them however, they didn't quite understand that it is only when accelerating. Booked it in again for Friday this week so will see how that one goes !

Will keep you posted
Qashqainewbie

Post by Qashqainewbie »

Evening,
So was the timing belt and oil pump. Let's hope it gets sorted now