New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
pejay123
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by pejay123 »

Hello all,just joined as i pick up a 17 plate Acenta 1.5 dci smart vision with 31,000 on the clock on Sunday.Traded in my BMW 1 series 120,000 miles 2012 plate, Had little to no trouble with it in three years,travel to and from my daughters around 300 miles round trip once a month and am hoping i have done the right thing.
Anything to boost my confidence would be gratefully accepted!
Thanks in advance.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Pejay, firstly welcome to the Forum and I am sure you will receive comments from the “Diesel” Members. If you are interested take a look in the “Search” Area (just enter a subject), as there is a lot of light & heavy reading there, but reading some feedback might help you - Think Positive Good Luck with the QQ - Dave 👍 (we are on our second QQ Petrol so it is not all Bad) ✅
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

I still mourn my 1997 BM 525 bathchair. Sad really.... :(

The 1.6 petrol engines on the QQ with Turbo brings the performance up to the BMW 2ltr - ish engines. And there is certainly fuel consumption improvements. Pretty good steering IMO.

I'm always pleasantly surprised by the Turbo behaviour in 5th & 6th gears.

I certainly like the ride height and quietened engine and road noise.

Diesels should be very similar
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
pejay123
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by pejay123 »

thanks guys,so far had it 2 weeks and its back in the dealers to have the low tyre pressure warning light and the front emergency braking system warning light sorted out,keep coming on and off,my wife is already wishing we hadn't got it!! she is very nervous in it.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Low Tyre pressure stuff should be dead simple. FEB has been rather shakey since inception and subject to software updates (last Feb for one). Its subject to radar signal behaviour in the real world...not a Lab or test track at Bosch. Its also not of a military standard.

You cannot test FEB...so ignore it unless its causing the car crash light to glow too much. Even after software change last Feb mine flicks/beeps at me sometimes....I can never repeat it at the same spot especially when there had been no other moving object in front of me on each occasion. I call that stuff ...spurious.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta