USB not playing audio

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
conrail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by conrail »

hi guys, today I put the goagear usb in, it give me an option of 3 albums all by the same artist so played around and found the root option of the usb and searched each file/folder and came across all my music so I have access to them all, the only error message I get when selecting aux is the aux can play USB's, for about 2 seconds, then initialising the usb then it plays where as originally it played straight away when I first inserted it, I will settle for that, I was wondering, if like a pc one had to eject usb before removal, as the problem started when I removed the usb to replace it with another to update my POIs, the main thing is I am up and running again so so thank you calnorth, gloucester and Buffy for all your help and advice, I appreciate it

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

conrail wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:35 pm hi guys, today I put the goagear usb in, it give me an option of 3 albums all by the same artist so played around and found the root option of the usb and searched each file/folder and came across all my music so I have access to them all, the only error message I get when selecting aux is the aux can play USB's, for about 2 seconds, then initialising the usb then it plays where as originally it played straight away when I first inserted it, I will settle for that, I was wondering, if like a pc one had to eject usb before removal, as the problem started when I removed the usb to replace it with another to update my POIs, the main thing is I am up and running again so so thank you calnorth, gloucester and Buffy for all your help and advice, I appreciate it
USB is supposed to handle ad hoc removals...so says the USB spec. However, they may not and loose important data thats still transferring. Don't think audio/video is critical though unless its personal and there is no back up. Its all about BackUp
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
conrail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by conrail »

again thanks calnorth , much appreciated
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

Hi

sorry to reopen this one !

I have just taken delivery of a 2020 Tekna.

In my old J11 N-Connecta - my very large USB stick ( NTFS formatted drive ) played my music no problem.

I have put this drive into the armrest box USB in my new car and nothing - the USB icon on the screen stays dim.
So I reformatted to Ex-TAT - no difference.

So I got a small 4GB USB that is FAT32 , and even this wont read.

Im a bit stuck now to be honest - off to trawl the encyclopedia called the user manual for tips

Many thanks