Newbie car buying guide

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
mrmatrix
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mrmatrix »

I've put down a £99 deposit to buy a Qashqai.
Just wanted to know if there were any car buying guides that I could look at?

Complete newbie and non expert.
(Expert in many other thing though!)

I'm looking to buy what seems to be a basic model:

2017 year
21000 miles
Nissan Qashqai DCI ACENTA SMART VISION

ALSO: can someone tell me what I'm missing as opposed to going for a more expensive version?
Big touchscreen with DAB radio... would love - but happy to sacrifice and save £1000?
Lane control - would love to have. Happy to sacrifice to save.
Camera for parking - would be amazing, but can live without.
Panoramic sunroof - would love to have! This is the one I would love the most... but again, happy to miss out on.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks.

andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

autotrader and parkers both have car guides. some good deals about it just depends on what colour and how much your willing to spend. thing about the basic model you`ll end up wishing you had all the other goodies on the car once you have brought it.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mrmatrix, firstly welcome to the Forum. As Andy has mentioned you need to dig in and look at some comments from the Motoring Press. Try going on line and looking at the Spec differences (attached a couple of examples) as the main factor is normally your “Budget” from the Acenta Up there are a lot of Nissan “Goodies” available at a price, some nice to have and some a Must. You should really look around before buying as you may well regret by buying the wrong Spec QQ - Best of Luck Dave 😉

Nissan Qashqai | Tech Urban SUV | Nissan : https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/new-v ... shqai.html

Nissan Qashqai Acenta review | Carbuyer : https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/niss ... qai/acenta
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

this advertisement suggests that the Acenta Smart Vision might already have some (not many !) goodies attached.

https://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/n ... et-u-14662

Probably worth double and treble checking what's on offer.
My first QQ was an n-connecta and I regretted not paying the extra for the Tekna.
My current Tekna has everything I wanted
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

You don't say whether you're getting a pre-facelift or post-facelift version - the change was in 2017. Do you have a picture or a link?

Here's a link to the 2017 Facelift brochure:

https://www.yellowcarshop.co.uk/wp-cont ... qai_UK.pdf

Reference your spec queries - the situation seems to be:

Big touchscreen with DAB radio... would love - but happy to sacrifice and save £1000? - NO
Lane control - would love to have. Happy to sacrifice to save. - INCLUDED - it's actually LANE DEPARTURE WARNING - it just beeps
Camera for parking - would be amazing, but can live without. - OPTIONAL with Tech Pack - but you get front and rear sensors
Panoramic sunroof - would love to have! This is the one I would love the most... but again, happy to miss out on. - OPTIONAL
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
mrmatrix

Post by mrmatrix »

Thanks for the replies guys.
Very educational.
Will follow links and read up.
Facelift... Not too worried about.
Specific cars I was considering... I must have spent many many hours staring at search results 🙂
I'll post here and ask for opinions