Petrol or diesel? + Auto or manual?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

We have a 2017 1.2 CVT petrol N Connect. Mileage is now at 16000 after two and a half years. Two weeks ago probably due to not using it as much the battery failed. RAC said too much tech loads the battery originally fitted as standard. A much better battery was fitted which he carried in his van. We love the car for driveability and comfort and wouldn't mind keeping it but the warranty runs out in December. We have had no other problems with the car but I am uncomfortable about the numerous reported problems with both the 1.2 petrol engine and the problems some have had with the CVT. I would prefer to have the later 1.3 petrol engine and the Auto DCT 7 speed gearbox. So now I have to decide whether to get an extended Nissan warranty or buy a new car.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.

Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

With regard to the glass roof. While it does brighten up the interior it also heats up the car far too much even with the blind closed so I wont be bothering with one on my next car.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Geordiemann, I can fully recommend what you mentioned the 1,3L 160 PS / DCT 7 Speed we have one it is an absolute dream compared to the Old 1,2L. I can fully recommend this option and would recommend getting down to a Dealer and taking a “Few” Test Drives so you can assess it fully, we tried over a period of months with different QQ’s and it just got better. Take it out on a Motorway Stretch also, it is an option I did not think would be that good but it is.✅
The Panoramic Roof agreed, if you forget the Blind can get a little hot but it does create an Airy Atmosphere and we stick our Air Con Down to 17*C on Auto as needed, so for us nice too have - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
mrmatrix
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mrmatrix »

So I called @12.30 and asked if it had a 'tech pack'. He asked what that was meant to be. I explained it should have satnav. He said yes. I said I would come round, they close at 4pm. He called back and said he checked and it didn't have satnav. I said OK, I still wanted to come and see. He said, great.

3.30pm, I get there. He says it's sold - got sold 1 hour ago. You are having a laugh???
Grrrrr. I find that unbelievable. Sold on a Sunday and paid in full JUST 1 hour ago????? 😕
Sounds like a big whopping lie to me.

The guy there was elderly. I spoke to him for a few minutes and looked at some other cars. Speaking to him, he seemed OK and not untrustworthy.
The place is close to us (30 minutes away), so I would have been happy purchasing if everything else was OK + they have their own repair centre.

I know this is a Qashqai forum... but could you guys tell me what you think of this car:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 6190289892
It's in Devon - on Google maps, it shows as taking eternity to get to, whether by car or public transport.
It's odd... but the best option seems to be to take a coach!
If I don't get a Qashqai, I'd consider this one - it's cheap and an outlier. Others of similar spec are say £1000 more.
The only thing with this car is it looks horrible! But, with everyone wearing masks - maybe not so bad, I could wear a balaclava and drive around?
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Do look at main dealers, I bought mine with 30k miles Acenta Premium Plus with sat nav etc 1.6 diesel CVT auto box £30 road tax. Bear in mind with the "faults" associated with CVT boxes, only the ones that fail get reported, the many many that give no problem never get talked about. But, regardless of what Nissan say, change the transmission fluid at most every 50k miles. My previous car was a Mercedes B Class 2 litre diesel with CVT box which I did circs 115k miles with no problems, changed the transmission fluid every 40k miles which was MB's recommendation. Buying from a main dealer will also get you 2 years warranty and free servicing if you negotiate correctly.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

mrmatrix wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:39 pm
I know this is a Qashqai forum... but could you guys tell me what you think of this car:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 6190289892
I'm getting:

The advert you’re looking for is no longer available. See the latest vehicles currently in stock.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
mrmatrix

Post by mrmatrix »

@gloucester I'm guessing got sold. I didn't want a wasted 9 hours trip (there and back) to Devon to be honest. There'll be plenty more fish in the sea. 🙂