Remove the centre console?

Bodywork & Interior problems
RickyTheHat
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by RickyTheHat »

Dear All

I've searched here and elsewhere for help with this problem, but so far drawn a blank. I wonder if someone here could help me?

I have a 2010 60-reg 2.0-litre Qashqai Tekna, I believe it's pre-facelift. I want to drill a couple of small holes in the left side of the centre console (the vertical section that would be closest to a passenger's legs, in order to attach a mounting-plate for a small amateur radio rig.

The problem is that I've no idea how to get that console section off without damaging it, and I don't know what's behind it. I've tried prising it off, and undoing the obvious bolts elsewhere in the console, but the bit I want to remove won't budge.

Anyone know the correct way to remove it? I only want that side off, not the whole console.

Grateful for your thoughts.

Rick

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

the side trim in the footwell will just pull off as it`s in sections it`s only clipped on
irononreverse
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by irononreverse »

You could just use 3m double sided gel tape. Clean the area thoroughly first, stick out to the plate and console and let it firm up for about 24 hours before putting the radio in.
2018 Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Dig-T N-Connecta
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Could also use velcro, could then easily remove the radio when leaving the car.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
RickyTheHat
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by RickyTheHat »

Thank you for your suggestions. I have already tried cleaning the area thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol, then applying some really fierce double-sided tape that I got from Gripp Fixings, then putting self-adhesive Velcro on top of that. It stayed on for about four months, but eventually gravity got the better of it and one morning I found the radio lying on the passenger floor. I'll try Andy's suggestion of tugging at the side panel. If it's only clipped on, hopefully it'll eventually come off intact.