Various fault lights, auto start stop, traction control, emergency break system fault

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
stephen25uk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by stephen25uk »

Hi Folks

This is my first post , this forum is great and has helped me with a few things i have a 2016 1.5dci N-conecta, I have the following fault lights on the dash, Slip light, auto start stop fault, emergency break system fault, general fault alarm light.
I've had the battery tested and it's come back as 100% (the battery was replaced in nov 2019 by the previous owner) i read about a blocked exhaust pressure pipe at the back of the engine, i removed the sensor from it and there was little to no air coming out while the engine was running, i cleared the blocked pipe using the brake cable and drill method, it was definetly blocked and there was load of soot in there, i can now thread the brake cable down no problem and the air flow is a lot better with the sensor off with the engine running i can feel the air pressure coming through.
I reassembled the sensor back onto the pipe, restarted the car and the fault lights still appear, slip light comes on after maybe 5-10 seconds even with the car started but not moving, this is followed by the general warning light, then auto start stop fail, and emergency brake fail...all without moving the car, i also get the red brake light coming on but i dont get the Eml light coming on.
I read somewhere that if the slip light comes on without moving the car then the fault is the blocked pipe which i've now unblocked but get the same problem.
I have a cheap blutooth code reader i got from Ebay and an app on my phone, only code that show is a glowplug fault, which i've cleared and seems starnge as i dont get glowplug light, i did also read that this can be symptom of the blocked pipe.
I've read that sometimes that car has to be driven for a few days for the faults to clear if the car has been started an few times and no longer detects the faults then it will clear the faults but i'm not too sure if this is true or not.
If anyone has had any similar issues and resolved them or can help in anyway it would be much appreciated

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Briefly...very briefly.
The OBD codes represent more than a simple PO or B number. The Engine Management system records data snapshots of engine status under detected fault conditions...fuel mix/exhaust/glowplugs and so on. Critical components that the engine is controlled by and to meet Emissions requirements.

The data snapshots (DTC trips) are actually recorded after two or three cycles of the specific fault occurring along with the data...activity. Such data is used to closely examine sub systems operation later. This will be using an analyser such as Nissans Consult tool. Cheap Scanners can't do that.

If 3 engine cycles (uses) are performed that do not exhibit the fault then the DTC will be cleared. Or cleared by Consult

Similar to this...for a J10 engine (other engines are refinements of this...fairly complex stuff)

MI/MIL = Malfunction Indicator Light

2020-08-4.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
stephen25uk

Post by stephen25uk »

Thanks mate for the reply, do you know if there is a way to test the exhaust pressure sensor with a multimeter to see if its functioning as it should as a process of elimination, before i potentially buy another one
stephen25uk

Post by stephen25uk »

calnorth wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:23 am Briefly...very briefly.
The OBD codes represent more than a simple PO or B number. The Engine Management system records data snapshots of engine status under detected fault conditions...fuel mix/exhaust/glowplugs and so on. Critical components that the engine is controlled by and to meet Emissions requirements.

The data snapshots (DTC trips) are actually recorded after two or three cycles of the specific fault occurring along with the data...activity. Such data is used to closely examine sub systems operation later. This will be using an analyser such as Nissans Consult tool. Cheap Scanners can't do that.

If 3 engine cycles (uses) are performed that do not exhibit the fault then the DTC will be cleared. Or cleared by Consult

Similar to this...for a J10 engine (other engines are refinements of this...fairly complex stuff)

MI/MIL = Malfunction Indicator Light
Thanks mate for the reply, do you know if there is a way to test the exhaust pressure sensor with a multimeter to see if its functioning as it should as a process of elimination, before i potentially buy another one
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

stephen25uk wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:18 pm Thanks mate for the reply, do you know if there is a way to test the exhaust pressure sensor with a multimeter to see if its functioning as it should as a process of elimination, before i potentially buy another one
To test that is probably a calibration procedure ...I don't know the performance parameter. Someone here in the next few hours might?

Such components have a life I suspect...mileage/age?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Kkharfan

Post by Kkharfan »

Hi there. I have the same issue with my car, I managed to get the pipe cleaned, but I am still getting the same errors. Would you suggest changing the sensor on the top of the pipe and try.?
Tha is for your help
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Kkharfan wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:00 am Hi there. I have the same issue with my car, I managed to get the pipe cleaned, but I am still getting the same errors. Would you suggest changing the sensor on the top of the pipe and try.?
Tha is for your help
did you clear the codes with a code reader after clearing out the pipe ?