Which survey and Nissan.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I'm pretty sure luck plays a part but I didn’t have any recalls or faults with my Juke or either QQ
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Production isn't straight forward in that you can take any item off a shelf and be 100% confident in its functional longevity. Analysis of produced goods may or may not be assessed in terms of failure rate through life. Or whats happening during production for that mater...of anything. QC = not really confidence building...too late.

However, someone somewhere has to monitor goods in and in many cases (military/aviation) intense analysis/inspection/testing before goods get to be goods in. That can go as far as independent inspection....through design and development. QA = expensive.

FIAMM Battery...QC says it looks like a battery. QA may have happened. Product was defined and either wasn't defined well enough or corners were cut. Lesser components to maximise profit?

Lessons learnt...sometimes? Manufacturers know full well that rework often means bad reputation...apart from extra cost. And so on and on..... :roll:

This can be a really dull subject (all that statistical stuff) and for that reason I've forgotten most of it. A good friend did an MSc in Production Eng...shocking I thought.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta