Audio system cutting out 2014 reg

ICE, Equipment, Options
TiredTony
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by TiredTony »

calnorth wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:25 pm
TiredTony wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:19 pm I paid my dealer(Evans Halshaw Sunderland) a visit today to discuss the issue of the radio cutting out and the connect system re-booting itself. It requires a firmware update, but as it's out of warranty it will cost me £75. Going to give Nissan CS a call.
Its a legacy fault due to the manufacturer/suppliers design and implementation...in the first place. Remind Nissan HQ if they forget...the fault is common across the vehicle range pre 2017. They got it right on production after that....we hope!
I spoke Nissan CS yesterday. They have created a case number and will investigate my complaint that I should not have to pay the £75. This issue has affected thousands not just a few. If they agree with me, a good will gesture will be made. Can't contain my excitement.
It makes me mad when dealers etc say they are not aware of certain issues, when they have been going on for years.😡
2015 Qashqai N-TEC + DCI 1.5 Blue

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

They have issued free provision for this and are mentioned in various posts on this site.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

TiredTony wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:19 pm I paid my dealer(Evans Halshaw Sunderland) a visit today to discuss the issue of the radio cutting out and the connect system re-booting itself. It requires a firmware update, but as it's out of warranty it will cost me £75. Going to give Nissan CS a call.
Not sure if you've had it done yet, but it's simple to update it yourself. Download the file from the other thread on here, stick it on a USB stick, and go for a long drive (50 mins ish) whilst it updates.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
TiredTony

Post by TiredTony »

TiredTony wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:35 pm
calnorth wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:25 pm
Its a legacy fault due to the manufacturer/suppliers design and implementation...in the first place. Remind Nissan HQ if they forget...the fault is common across the vehicle range pre 2017. They got it right on production after that....we hope!
I spoke Nissan CS yesterday. They have created a case number and will investigate my complaint that I should not have to pay the £75. This issue has affected thousands not just a few. If they agree with me, a good will gesture will be made. Can't contain my excitement.
It makes me mad when dealers etc say they are not aware of certain issues, when they have been going on for years.😡
Update
The car was booked in for the software update at 1pm, at 12:20pm I received a call from Nissan CS. She acknowledged that there was a known issue and that a solution had been in place since June 2019. They have not informed everyone as not all cars are affected. She has instructed the dealer to do the update free of charge. I have to monitor the unit over the next two weeks and report any issues directly to her. They have had a 99% success with the update and any further issues may be linked to hardware?
The dealer kindly gave the car a visual inspection and I was supplied with a print out of recommended repairs/replacements, ranging from coolant change to timing belt change. Mostly due to the cars age, at a cost close to £1000.
The car did receive a complementary wash and vacuum. Whoop whoop.
2015 Qashqai N-TEC + DCI 1.5 Blue
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Good Result. Those who have had it updated on this site (for free) last year have not reported back any problems after that.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Pinkdixiechick

Post by Pinkdixiechick »

Hi Guys, my radio/satnav Nissan connect system started continually re initialising turning itself off and on all the time about 4 weeks ago. No sound on the radio and no sat nav working. It's 2014 Qashqai 1.2 Tekna so no longer under warranty. It's been back to the dealers 3 times and they say they can't fix it. Can get a new system for £2960!!!! Or maybe send it back to Clarion (costing £700) but still may not work. I can't use sat nav, phone, parking camera or radio/cd. Any advice would be gratefully received 👍
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Thats Nissans useless response to those with older cars. Those units aren't worth £20 really. Returning to Clarion (France) has been reported here before as a joke. Probably the only sensible thing you can do is look at the scrap yards...some on eBay.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
SC581

Post by SC581 »

Mine has done the exact same thing...Started with cutting in and out ...took to Nissan and raised this with when I had it serviced (the last one in warranty), they said it was a software fault and would update. Got my car back and nothing changed. End of August no sound comes from anything despite the touch screen functions all still working. Occasionally a horrible loud white noise sound comes out of the speakers and gets ridiculously loud. The white noise sound continues even if I turn the whole system off.

Took to Nissan today and they gave me the same advice...a new unit costing £3K and recommended a local audio electric place to repair (strange they wont repair this themselves). Rung this company and they said they wont touch it. So its £3K or no sounds. Seems this is a larger problem so have contacted Nissan direct who have raised a case. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome. So annoyed when the car was in warranty they didn't do anything about it when it seems they were aware of a fault!
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

SC581 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:46 pm Mine has done the exact same thing...Started with cutting in and out ...took to Nissan and raised this with when I had it serviced (the last one in warranty), they said it was a software fault and would update. Got my car back and nothing changed. End of August no sound comes from anything despite the touch screen functions all still working. Occasionally a horrible loud white noise sound comes out of the speakers and gets ridiculously loud. The white noise sound continues even if I turn the whole system off.

Took to Nissan today and they gave me the same advice...a new unit costing £3K and recommended a local audio electric place to repair (strange they wont repair this themselves). Rung this company and they said they wont touch it. So its £3K or no sounds. Seems this is a larger problem so have contacted Nissan direct who have raised a case. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome. So annoyed when the car was in warranty they didn't do anything about it when it seems they were aware of a fault!
Its only chance was a firmware update. Nissan local can't repair it in UK and neither any local fixer. Your eventual way out of it is either a second hand head unit or the after market units discussed extensively on this site. Read this lot:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9796&hilit=daisata
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Yes, this has been discussed extensively on here, it's not a fault with a unit, it's a change in the way DAB signals are transmitted and needs a simple firmware update that anyone can do themselves with the info in these forums, as long as they can copy a file to a USB stick.

I've done it twice, and it completely fixed this issue.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T