Swapping Nissan Headunit

ICE, Equipment, Options
steevie_b

Post by steevie_b »

Hello,

I've got a 2015 Qashqai Tekna and I've been having problems with my radio / sat nav for a while now. It cuts out sound (no matter what input) and on every sixth time, it reboots, resetting everything (location, input, volume etc.) when it's booted back up.

Anyway, I've played about with resetting the unit, not pairing my mobile with it, loads of playing about (including upgrading software) and it's still not working right.

So I decided to buy a second hand one. I've plugged it in and received the following message on the screen: "SECURE - System is locked. Red Please contact your dealer."

Does anyone know somewhere I can take it to get it sorted (other than the dealer)? I've started making enquiries with local dealers but haven't had any responses yet...

Steve

robo78
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by robo78 »

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. Presumably you've noticed that if you press setup you get half an hour of operation? That should at least let you know whether the replacement unit still has the same problem.

I've researched the security issue and apparently it can only be done by Nissan - they quoted me £150. I haven't found anyone else who can do it.

In the end I have decided to ditch the nissan units and install an aftermarket android unit instead.

Best of luck.
valley boy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by valley boy »

I had to change the head unit after the kid's damaged the original got one off flea bay £160. there's a video on you tube how to change it 10 min job unclip 2 panels + 4 screws then i had the dreaded locked red message, took it to Nissan who had to code it to the car charged me £95 but every thing is working ok

=
Ilhan84

Post by Ilhan84 »

Hello everyone. So I decided to swap my Nissan Qashqai head unit and got the same message saying code red see dealer.... radio comes on and plays ok for 10-15 mins sat nav working ok but the camera isn’t coming on! Has anyone else had this problem with camera not working due to code red or is there something wrong with the head unit it self.? Thank you
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Its needs to be told what fitted to your car, I suspect it came from a car that didnt have a rear camera, also to get rid of the secure message the keys need recoding, it relink the radio with the immoboliser unit so then it checks its fitted to the right car when you turn the ignition on and it does an imoboliser check
Ilhan84

Post by Ilhan84 »

The car it came from had a rear camera and apparently it worked but not on mine so just wondering if it’s because it needs to be recoded? Would that be a reason why a camera won’t work but everything else does so it’s a little confusing.
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Once its linked to your immobiliser or will start working again, if it doesnt just needs to be reconfigured to tell it it has just a rear camera.
Iftikhar sadeed

Post by Iftikhar sadeed »

valley boy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:51 pm I had to change the head unit after the kid's damaged the original got one off flea bay £160. there's a video on you tube how to change it 10 min job unclip 2 panels + 4 screws then i had the dreaded locked red message, took it to Nissan who had to code it to the car charged me £95 but every thing is working ok

Hi could you please tell me which garage you took your Qashqai to. I swapped my unit with used one from ebay and I get error of secure lock on it too.
I took it to main dealer and they said they will charge me £500 to reprogram it to work with my current Nissan Qashqai.
I have 2015 Qashqai with navigation.
Please help me out. Thanks

=
Iftikhar sadeed

Post by Iftikhar sadeed »

valley boy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:51 pm I had to change the head unit after the kid's damaged the original got one off flea bay £160. there's a video on you tube how to change it 10 min job unclip 2 panels + 4 screws then i had the dreaded locked red message, took it to Nissan who had to code it to the car charged me £95 but every thing is working ok

=

Screenshot_20210909-215350_Gallery.jpg

matske

Post by matske »

I smashed the screen on our Qashqai and needed a replacement.

I bought a replacement second hand part on eBay (Nissan part number 25915HV01A) and some plastic gadgets (pry tool kit) that really helped get the head unit out of the dashboard.

When I fitted the replacement the screen said ‘SECURE - System is Locked. Red. Please contact your dealer”

We had a local garage try to sort it, and they couldn’t recode the new part.

Nissan dealer wanted to charge £130 just to look at it with no certainty on likelihood of a fix.

So with nothing to lose, I disassembled the smashed screen and found that by undoing four star screws (two on top, two on bottom) I was able to gently lift and detach the screen assembly from the main assembly of the head unit.

I repeated this on the eBay bought part and then attached the good screen to the old main assembly.

And it works!

Presumably whatever ‘blocks’ any replacement eBay part from working is part of the main assembly and not the front screen assembly.

So, if you feel comfortable getting as far as removing the head unit from the car, don’t give up! Four star screws and you’ll be there!

813C74C2-8FA0-4AF9-B291-EFC6C48DF0F9.jpeg

DF266BF8-427C-4DFD-AA16-FCA84117B3E1.jpeg

F6D62D1E-0365-4FBC-84D8-F1C05CFAD916.jpeg

7C78ED6C-D1C1-4A66-B2DD-117B44E56253.jpeg