Parking Brake Light Blinking

ICE, Equipment, Options
algnerd
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by algnerd »

Hi,

I have a J11 (2017) with 60k km automatic gear box. After an hour drive I get a yellow ( ! ) on and when I park a blinking (P) any idea of what might be the issue? (see below)

ezgif-5-b21455341e0e.gif

I also couldn't find front brake pads to replace them and I was able to change rear brake pads
QQ Tekna 1.6 dCi

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Found this comment on the Web - Dave 🙂

During the past year, my new Tekna has occasionally had problem with the electronic handbrake warning light staying on permanently and flashing, at the same time the amber warning light stays on whilst driving. I have been back to the dealer a couple of times and was told it may be due to the tyre pressure monitor needing reset or even driving with my foot resting on the clutch.
Well today, it went in for the annual minor service and I was having the same problem with my warning light for the last 4 days.
It turns out that there is a potential problem with the rear brake caliper where the electronic acctuator for the handbrake sticks and thus activates the warning lights.
The fix is a replacement caliper which will be fitted under warranty, which is good as the cost is £400 before fitting.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
algnerd

Post by algnerd »

Thank you for the answer, but mine turns off when I turn off the ebrake + it's an automatic. It randomly start blinking when I put the ebrake on. usually turning off and on the car fix the issue but it comes back after driving for few minutes
QQ Tekna 1.6 dCi
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

How did you change your rear pads ? Did you use diagnostic equipment to wind the actuators back to there fully realised position before pushing the piston back and replacing the pads?

Or did you just manually wind them back with a wind back tool or something?
algnerd

Post by algnerd »

Yes I didn't change them twice. couldn't change the front ones.
How to use the diagnostic equipment?
QQ Tekna 1.6 dCi
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

So you used a wind back tool yeah ? Not diagnostic equipment?

And why couldn't you replace the front ones? They are easier to do than the rear ones.

If you just used a wind back took then you've totally messed up the positions of the actuators and at the very worst you've destroyed the screw inside.
algnerd

Post by algnerd »

I don't know, i didn't change them on my own it's a local mechanic that changed them.
I didn't change the front pads because I didn't find them where i am. And there is no Nissan dealership in the entire country...

Today i noticed something, when i started the car and got out there was no lightning I had to stop for few minutes to take a call the (!) Poped up and the ebrake started to blink.

Now I don't know if it is connected or not but i use speed limiter a lot
QQ Tekna 1.6 dCi
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

It's going to need to be plugged in and retrieve fault code and check what position the park brake control unit thinks both calipers are in whether there both released or actuated
algnerd

Post by algnerd »

I finally managed to change the front brake pads, the (!) is still on and (P) sometimes blinks some other it doesn't
QQ Tekna 1.6 dCi
barcodeali

Post by barcodeali »

This just happened to me. Drove for about 30 mins parked up and noticed the (P) on the cluster and the red light on the eParking Brake is blinking red. I don't know what is causing it.
Any one knows whats the issue? or possible cause?
Thanks