After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
me_ashman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by me_ashman »

Mad Maru wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:19 pm You need to wire it in to the 12v socket in the arm rest as the main one under the unit is always powered on. The arm rest one shuts off when you open the car door or lock the car up if you’ve turned it back on etc.

I’ve not yet wired mine like this yet as time and patience etc. But if you get it wired right let me know with images on the correct wires to splice into.
I wired mine (px6) to a switch on the lower panel. It cuts and bypasses the ignition power and gives the unit battery power for the times I want the radio on without the ignition running and not to automatically switch off after 3mins if I used the armrest socket. When I flick the switch off it goes back to being oem and shutting down with the ignition.

SteffenBirk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SteffenBirk »

Hi All

Just bought the dasaita max10 unit and dab+ box.

I own a 2015 Qashqai j11 tekna.

Could anybody help med with the fakra to smb cable? I dont know which type i need to connect the dab to existing dab antenna?

Thank you

/Steffen Birk
chosan

Post by chosan »

SteffenBirk wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:21 pm Hi All

Just bought the dasaita max10 unit and dab+ box.

I own a 2015 Qashqai j11 tekna.

Could anybody help med with the fakra to smb cable? I dont know which type i need to connect the dab to existing dab antenna?

Thank you

/Steffen Birk
I've been using the same as for GPS. Just cut the little notch away on the Fakra side.
SteffenBirk

Post by SteffenBirk »

Okay. Thank you for the quick reply. As i understand from reading this post, i need 2 fakra to smb cables, but there are different types, so i dont know which one will fit my car.

Sorry but i dont understand what you mean about cutting away?
chosan

Post by chosan »

SteffenBirk wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:00 pm Okay. Thank you for the quick reply. As i understand from reading this post, i need 2 fakra to smb cables, but there are different types, so i dont know which one will fit my car.

Sorry but i dont understand what you mean about cutting away?
You need the blue Fakra. It's a little ridge on top of the connector. For Dab, cut that away from the top of the connector.

www.amazon.com/Electrical-Connector-Str ... 377&sr=8-1
SteffenBirk

Post by SteffenBirk »

Okay, thank you, Chosan. Is this the correct cable? Then i'll order it immediately. And i just need 1 pcs? It was mentioned 2 pcs somewhere in this conversatiin?
chosan

Post by chosan »

SteffenBirk wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:49 pm Okay, thank you, Chosan. Is this the correct cable? Then i'll order it immediately. And i just need 1 pcs? It was mentioned 2 pcs somewhere in this conversatiin?
You need one for the GPS and one for DAB. Normally the GPS cable is supplied in the package from the seller.
SteffenBirk

Post by SteffenBirk »

Yes. Just checked and it is in the package. Thank you very much.
Deleted User 7325

Post by Deleted User 7325 »

Seems like some great progress here guys. I wish installers would pick this up I don't want to attempt it myself
Shefffielder

Post by Shefffielder »

I'm really interested in doing this and having Apple CarPlay

I have a 2017 J11 (pre facelift) Tekna

Is this something anyone can attempt or do I need a professional to install?

Also - is there a total dummies guide all in once place of what to buy and how to install?

I only want it installed if it does everything that my current head unit does re cameras,. other functions etc