Daimler (Merc) USA - Emissions Defeat/Rogue Software - Penalties

The place to discuss everything else..
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

US Department of Justice nailed Daimler yesterday for emissions fraud. Didn't know this case had been underway?

Interesting penalty conditions to include an offset for pollution delivered...... :oops: From about 4 mins in

The DOJ speaker mentions millions of lines of code...think thats an aircraft system. Also, engine control systems are often tailored by companies like Bosch. The software is often classed as simple (if not stupid) and needing final and professional engineering to reliably work. This isn't about hand written code. Look at it as a kind of CAD creation.

I note the BBC's loose mouth that hooks into Nissan etc......"But investigations soon widened to other companies, including Ford, Mitsubishi, and Nissan".

IMPORTANT...This is not a Fox News article. its the US DOJ Presser direct and only transmitted by Fox.

Last edited by calnorth on Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Colin, if you can remember this problem was mentioned by some Money Grabbing Lawyers in June., Whoops by the BBC !.
I cannot understand why you keep Running Down the BeeB if you do not like their reporting methods fine that’s your problem. Then what do you post a “FOX News” (YouTube) Article we’ll well we’ll. Why not let us Forum members read what we want, it is a free world - Dave 🤨

“Up to 1.4 million Renault and Nissan vehicles sold in Britain could be equipped with illegal defeat devices, according to a lawsuit being launched today. They include a petrol-powered version of one of the UK's best-selling family cars, the Nissan Qashqai”
BBC News: Lawsuit alleges defeat devices in Nissan petrol cars : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53142821

Here are the Beeb’s “Loose Mouth Comments” :
BBC News: Daimler to pay $1.5bn over emissions cheat claims in US : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54153126
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Read what you wish Dave...nothing to do with me. Free World...debatable? I didn't see ambulance chasers and Merc...just Nissan which their web sites pick up based on any relevant query content.

Its a live US DOJ press release transmitted by Fox over Youtube. Gov't departments don't fund that. There are others doing the same. I follow them closely because its White House/Govt direct and no loose mouth stuff from any media or what they plagiarised from elsewhere.

Note:
“Up to 1.4 million Renault and Nissan vehicles sold in Britain could be equipped. BBC knows little to nothing....and the problem is we are forced to pay for such utterances on pain of prison/criminal record via licencing. That licence applies to all UK receivable TV stations in UK via Free to Air/Sat/Cable and likely phone. Somebody told me here the BBC is good a while back...debatable.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta