sonar and climate control

ICE, Equipment, Options
Colin Gibbs
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Colin Gibbs »

Hello I hope someone can help
my QQ 14 plate has developed a intermittent electrical fault I was driving along a normal road when the system warning alert and buzzer came on and the distance brake warning light stayed on also the lane departure, traffic signal, the climate control and rear window heater are all inoperative, the satnav radio console states " SECURE system fault Green contact your local Nissan dealer"
I took it to the garage and paid £99 to have it plugged in and diagnosed and they said it was a bad earth so at no extra charge they cleaned all the contacts and reset the system all seemed well I drove it for 1 mile and it started again so about turn back to the garage who said they couldn't do anything else as the battery and all the electrical system is in good condition as the diagnostics stated bad earthling and they had rectified it at no extra charge then as far as they were concerned it was fixed ,I drove off and today 3 miles later hey presto its done it again, I am loathed to return to the garage as they said the £99 was for a diagnostic only and what they had done was above and beyond what I had paid for and to see how it goes.
has anyone had a similar issue and if so did you resolve it and how its driving me mad. Thanks

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Look at the earth under the battery. I remember someone mentioned that can be a problem and causes lots of faults. As the fault sounds intermittent you may need to disconnect where it earth's to the chassis and clean it up. Good Luck
Colin Gibbs
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Colin Gibbs »

thanks will do
bchang1982
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by bchang1982 »

i live in spain with a 2010 J10 Qashqai. the front sensors buzz intermittently, can anyone tell me where the sonar box is or the fuse as i want to disable the buzzer
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You need to fix the Radar sensor as it is a safety device. It's there to stop you driving into another car if your distracted or fail to notice a collision situation.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Colin Gibbs wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:12 am Hello I hope someone can help
my QQ 14 plate has developed a intermittent electrical fault I was driving along a normal road when the system warning alert and buzzer came on and the distance brake warning light stayed on also the lane departure, traffic signal, the climate control and rear window heater are all inoperative, the satnav radio console states " SECURE system fault Green contact your local Nissan dealer"
I took it to the garage and paid £99 to have it plugged in and diagnosed and they said it was a bad earth so at no extra charge they cleaned all the contacts and reset the system all seemed well I drove it for 1 mile and it started again so about turn back to the garage who said they couldn't do anything else as the battery and all the electrical system is in good condition as the diagnostics stated bad earthling and they had rectified it at no extra charge then as far as they were concerned it was fixed ,I drove off and today 3 miles later hey presto its done it again, I am loathed to return to the garage as they said the £99 was for a diagnostic only and what they had done was above and beyond what I had paid for and to see how it goes.
has anyone had a similar issue and if so did you resolve it and how its driving me mad. Thanks
Don't understand...its allegedly fixed for £99 + some smiley stuff and fails again almost immediately? Followed by a pretty clear statement of we really don't know what we are doing...

That fault affecting a number of sub systems would be to do with Power Distribution and/or Body Control. Earthing anywhere could be a problem since its critical to everything electrical. Once fixed should be the end of it though. Would you expect this problem if you simply disconnected/reconnected the Battery Negative (Earth/Ground)....definitely not.

Is this a diesel engine car?

You probably need a second independent opinion or ultimately a call to Nissan Customer Services
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta