What uo you most dislike about your Qashqai??

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Terry1100
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Terry1100 »

The parcel shelf falling off every time you shut the bootlid :(

I've got a wishlist of things I 'd like to change - but that's the biggest annoyance.

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Sorry if a repeat:
Clattering door windows when partly down...lets down the solid door shut clunk.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I have very very slight judder on light takeup my 1.6 TDI 4x4 - Still nice smooth when I need to pull away med - to hard. Been like this from new and not an issue .. car has 40k miles now. The car has been faultless in those miles apart from a squeaky driver's seat and slight corrosion on all 4 wheels, all replaced when it was under warranty.
northernbeat wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:32 am Like carter i cant wait to get rid of my 66 plate Qashqai . Hateful clutch judder when starting off at low revs and neither Nissan or their dealership want to know unless its paid for. Agree completely about the depreciation . First and last Nissan for me . It'll be back to Toyota as soon as possible .
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

I didn't dislike anything about my previous QQ which I owned for almost three years. It was a lovely car to drive. My new one which is 3 weeks old is even better with the new 1.3 engine and 7 speed Auto box. The only gripe I have with the new one so far is with the dealer. They fitted car reg plates which show the EU flag and also the rear plate wasn't level (horizontal). Sorted with GB stickers and reg plate ss frames now fitted.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
conrail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by conrail »

I must admit to hating the stop/start and always turn it off, when I remember, when stopping at a red light, the engine stops just as the light changes to green, don't know about modern cars but I was always told a car uses more fuel when starting,
one other gripe, I have 2 phones linked in, people always ring my wife, (I have them trained, lol) unless I remeber to set hers as the default phone she has to hunt in her bag to answer it, why can't the system answer any phone that is twinned with it? no matter which is set as default, the cat picks mine up first because I am usually in the car first
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

conrail wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:12 am no matter which is set as default, the cat picks mine up first because I am usually in the car first
Turn your Bluetooth off before getting in the car.
Allow the Memsahib's phone to pair.
Turn your Bluetooth on (if required)
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
conrail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by conrail »

thanks MikeGC
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

That the connect system didn’t live up to Nissan’s suggested hype for the system with the Nissan App interaction and then obviously dropped support for it in April this year.

The voice button on the steering wheel that is only there for decorative purposes only.

Likewise got to say the parcel shelf bouncing around when opening the boot, why not a roller cover?

That they did not on uk version put heater vents on the back of centre console for rear passengers.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
Terry1100

Post by Terry1100 »

Just thought of something I dislike more than the parcel shelf (which to be honest is merely an irritation).

19" wheels with "rubber band" tyres - and to be fair this applies to most modern cars.

On billiard table roads, it's fine - but they are few and far between. The rest of the time the ride is horribly "crashy" over even minor imperfection, let alone potholes.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

This one is an easy fix, change the profile of your next tyres as I did to Michelin Latitude Sport 3 225/55 R19 V (99), I guess the originals are 45 profile. The ride is improved and the Speed odometer becomes more accurate. So when you're doing 60mph, the car is near 59mph on the sat nav.

Terry1100 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:53 am Just thought of something I dislike more than the parcel shelf (which to be honest is merely an irritation).

19" wheels with "rubber band" tyres - and to be fair this applies to most modern cars.

On billiard table roads, it's fine - but they are few and far between. The rest of the time the ride is horribly "crashy" over even minor imperfection, let alone potholes.