J11 Universal Bypass Relay wiring 7pin towbar

ICE, Equipment, Options
Nuckingfuts
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nuckingfuts »

Hi, I’ve been searching for ages and I can’t if anyone knows what colour wires to connect up a universal bypass relay for a 7pin towbar electrics on a j11 qq?
It would save me a lot of time trying to find the wires for:
L/h indicator
Fog light
R/h indicator
R/h side light
Brake light
L/h side light
Reverse light
Thanks in advance and I’ll post them up if I end up identifying them myself.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Don't think any tow bar wiring diagram has ever been shown on this site. You may have to go searching the cars wiring manually.

You may need to silence the rear parking sensors also.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Nuckingfuts

Post by Nuckingfuts »

Thanks. I’ve read that someone with a j10 stated there is a plug in the boot that provides power and controls for Towbar/trailer lights. I think they wired the 7core towbar wire directly into it and didn’t use a bypass relay. Apparently there should be something similar in the j11. I’ll have to get the testing gear out and take a look. I’ll probably just switch the reverse sensors off at the dash than fluff around wiring up a switch
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I have the J11 power/wiring document...incl. harness data and routes. Trouble is its 8.5MB which won't post or certainly not upload to this site. It may not be 100% correct either?

PG+-+POWER+SUPPLY+GROUND+&+CIRCUIT+ELEMENTS.pdf

The site it downloaded from has seemingly locked itself off due to some attack?

https://cardiagn.com/nissan/qashqai/
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

When I had my tow bar fitted, the wiring was behind the panel on the left hand side of the boot as viewed from the rear of the car. I must say I did not do it myself, I watched a fitter carry out the works, I had a 13 pin socket installed, but I am sure that was the only interior panel removed. I did not have the reversing buzzer silenced, as the amount of time going backwards with the tow bar fitted was not considered important. I did fit a removable tow bar though.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
Nuckingfuts

Post by Nuckingfuts »

Thanks for the replies and thanks for the link calnorth, I’ll check it out. I’ve already fitted the brink towbar with removable swan neck ball. Was a bit fiddly to fit on my own but got there in the end. Ran out of time to do the electrics. I know the dedicated wiring just plugs into that plug on the left inside the boot, most of the dedicated stuff is to bypass the reverse sensors and rear fog light whilst the electrics are running. I would imagine the plug should have everything I need. I’ll be using it for a cycle rack so need the lights working on the rack. Thanks again
Nuckingfuts

Post by Nuckingfuts »

All done. Created a new thread with info for anyone doing this: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10183